“tasty, inexpensive, convenient for travelers”

Jade House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 105 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 October 2013

We were staying at a hotel close to Interstate 70, and the Jade House caught my eye. It was a cold, rainy late afternoon, and Chinese food sounded appealing. My wife and I ordered the "Family Dinner", and for $20, found ourselves with a bountiful meal including soup, spring rolls, shrimp tempura, two entrees and fried rice. All were well prepared in a timely fashion and warmed us up nicely before returning to the hotel.

While the Jade House is clearly not worth a special stop for those seeking the better cuisines of Richmond, which are found in the downtown area and written about by others in Trip Advisor, it was convenient and served our purposes more than adequately.

There are newer reviews for Jade House Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

First let me start by saying I don't like talking to Chinese people on the phone anyway but this just topped the cake. From the start. I was staying at a hotel in Richmond and didn't want to leave. I found out this place delivered and had a menu online where you can also order. Unfortunately my wifi wasn't strong enough to place the order so I called and placed the order. A guest at the hotel told me they required you to say the number of the item but when I called she asked for the item name. I ordered chicken an broccoli and my boyfriend ordered the chicken lo mein with no veggies. They never asked if I wanted to pay with cash or card so I was forced to pay with cash. Thankfully I had some. Then when it came I was brought the chicken lo mein and general tso chicken with no broccoli. Because of it being delivered I jut dealt with it. And the delivery man was already nice. When we started to eat I noticed my rice wasn't cooked enough and was still hard as a rock. My boyfriends chicken lo mein with no veggies only had 5 small pieces of chicken and we both agreed the egg rolls were disgusting. Next time I will eat somewhere else

Reviewed 28 February 2013

the service is very good and the dinner bafet is a wide list of foods you cant eat all that ya see there

Reviewed 4 November 2012

This is a buffet featuring chicken in multiple ways, all very mediocre. Forget beef or pork. This place has seen better days. It's time to give up, close the door, and do something else or just retire. This fare is the type of Chinese cooking that was served 40 years ago. Chinese food enthusiasts have moved on, so should this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 May 2012

The host did not really care if she showed me to the table or not. she was too busy chatting away. The buffet was non existant. Not many customers either. I did not stay due to the inital host reaction. The decor is poor and run down.