“nice place for the $”

Richmond Inn & Suites
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 19 December 2012

After checking the reviews and looking at prices....I chose Knights Inn. The owner was very gracious and welcomed my husband and I at a very late hours ( I had called earlier to say we would be late). The room was very clean and comfortable with a micro-wave, small frig, coffee maker and a clean bathroom. We only needed a place to shower and sleep and would be on the road the next morning early. I hate spending a lot of money for just a quick over night stay and this motel fit the bill for exactly what we needed. On our way back to Illinois from Ohio we stayed there again in the very same room. We will be making this trip again and have discovered Richmond is about our half way point. And we will stay here again. Worth the 2 extra miles into town for us.

Room Tip: owner is very accomodating.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tesse65

Reviewed 5 November 2012 via mobile

I was traveling with my dog and obviously got the "dog room" --- a bit smelly, worn carpet and a plumbing issue. One whole side of wall next to bathroom was very wet. It was late, so I made a mental note to not walk over there and informed manager in a.m. He went right in to look at it after I checked out. Shower was great, bed not very comfortable. Location close to everything (antiques, food, gas) and cheap.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Lauren W
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Decent hotel. Great value for the price. Stayed at Hampton Inn Richmond previously for 2-3x the price. Won't do that again. This hotel is clean. Good size bathroom and shower has lots of water pressure. TV has Direct TV so you have lots of channels to choose from, including Showtime. Comfy bed.

Cons:
Walls are thin - was able to hear neighbor talking to himself in the shower.
Even though we stayed in a non-smoking room, you can tell too easily that this room used to be for smoking. Replacing the carpets will probably help.

I'd stay here again for a 1 or 2 night trip to Richmond.

Room Tip: Request a non-smoking room
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We tried to use a hotel coupon at Econolodge and were rudely told there weren't any rooms. No explanation. The reviews of Days Inn were so poor we decided to try the Knights Inn. Great decision. The property is well maintained and the rooms were extremely clean with comfortable bed and wonderful pillows. It is obvious the owners care about this place. New carpet, nice bedding and remodeled bathroom.
We will stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a clean comfortable room.

Room Tip: It was very quiet on first floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ReeSue
Reviewed 1 August 2012

This was much better than the typical Knights Inn. The management is very conscientious and friendly - especially the older Asian man at the desk. The fridge and microwave were better than most other motels we've stayed in, and the place was clean.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Hotel was very nice. The Owner invests into the rooms. Room was clean, not musty odor, The continental breakfast is worth skipping, but for the price, cleanliness and comfort the is a "5 Star" 2 Star hotel. AND they are Pet Friendly

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here one night while traveling cross country. Made the reservation on line on the road, and they didn't require a credit card. My confirmation said if arriving after 6 pm to call the hotel. I knew I wouldn't be there until late so I called to give them my credit card and they wouldn't take it and told me I would be all set no matter how late I arrived. Got in at 1 am and was checked in quickly and off to bed.

• Stayed: July 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Best Western Classic Inn
#3 of 10 in Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris

Been to Richmond Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!