“Nice Place to Stay”

Best Western Classic Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Richmond, IN was the halfway point on a recent trip and I was disappointed to see the poor reviews on the other hotels that I normally stay at (Days Inn). So I found this hotel was rated #2 for this city and choose it instead and I'm very glad I did. The room was nicely decorated and clean. It is pet friendly and does charge $10/pet/night. I didn't see the extra charge mentioned on the webiste, bur it's a pretty normal charge from my experience. So shame of all those other hotels in Richmond as being rated so poorly, but choose this one and it was a pleasent stay. Also, I did not have any breakfast, so can't comment on that, but the internet worked really good.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Debora D

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed here for an overnight on a cross-country road trip because it was close to the interstate and at a point in between Dayton, OH & Indianapolis, IN. Accommodations were nothing fancy, but clean. Economical price for a one-night stay. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank K W
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I'm not one to write a review of a hotel, but since I've nary a complaint because of this site, I figured I'd give a little back,

I'm a seasonal employee between New York and Arizona. I take the drive every 6 months and this actually stands as the only place I've ever paid heed to write about.

The service was terrible. I don't usually care too much, just give me my room and I'll be on my way, but this was particularly annoying.

The bed reminded me of a bed I shared with my Uncle in the Bronx when I was 6 years old. I think all but two springs still had spring. I kept shedding layers to decide which was least uncomfortable. I kept feeling the sensation of getting bit. Very well could have been a mindset of the place I was in, but I did wake up with two new bites on my forehead! of all places.

Fan/AC was broken or turned off.

WiFi kept booting me every 5 minutes or so. Seemingly every time I got to a good point in the Netflix movie I was watching.

I brushed my teeth and shaved in the morning to find that it wasn't a slow drain in the sink, but rather a full stop. Rather than an innocent housekeeper find my stubble and spit, I decided to clear it myself.

This is my 8th trip across the country and I always try different hotels a little off the beaten path. I look to tripadvisor every time now, so I feel like this is a way to give back. I've now stayed at around 15 places to and from along the way and this is the only place I feel warranted a bad review. Quite literally, the worst place I've ever stayed, and this was for 7 hours or so, total.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank jmcgovern324
Reviewed 26 October 2013

A very nice motel, clean and quiet. Serves a good breakfast. Room rates are around average for the area. We have stayed at other local motels and they are not as nice for the price. Most of the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Evan K
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We picked this hotel because it was less than one minute from Route 70, the main divided highway connecting Indianapolis and points east. The location is everything we wanted, not only in terms of a quick departure in the morning, but also for the long row of affordable restaurants within minutes of the hotel.

As a hotel, it is average for this affordably priced hotel in terms of amenities. Nice fitness room, pool, easy access to ice and a decent hot breakfast. For a brief overnight, we had absolutely no complaints.

Service was quick and easy and the room was clean and well appointed, with good heating, a nice bathroom, and solid mattress on the king-sized bed.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel has potential, but there is a cleanliness issue with the carpets in the hallway and in our guest room. They were visibly stained. Our bathroom floor had dirt and debris around the tub in the corners. The soap holder in the shower stall had a black hair and soap scum from previous occupants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I have stayed at many different hotels in this part of Indiana. This Best Western has best value and room/service compare to all hotels I have had stayed within same price range in the Richmond area in that I have had stayed in the past 2 years! Overall appearance is very pleasing and location is easy to find. Wish I had tried this hotel chain earlier.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris
Baymont Inn & Suites Oxford

Been to Best Western Classic Inn? Share your experiences!