“Comfortable Room, Friendly Staff”
Review of Comfort Inn

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Richmond
Minooka, Illinois
“Comfortable Room, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I love this comfort inn, and went out of my way to stay here. Lori at the front desk was incredibly helpful, had a radiant personality and she totally brightened my day. She was definitely one of the best front desk staff I have encountered in a while. The pool/spa area was great and they had SOFT large towels, not the tiny rough ones that most hotels use which I cringe to think about.
The room was spacious and comfortable. The breakfast area was also very nice, and they had a great hot breakfast with REAL scrambled eggs, (not the powdered nasty eggs), biscuits and gravy, and a waffle maker. You could also see the breakfast staff making all the food in a mini window near the dining room so you know its fresh! I would recommend this hotel to anyone. GREAT STAY!

Room Tip: search the hotel coupons books at rest areas for a coupon for this hotel. You won't regret it.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The hotel had easy access off I-70. It's a little older, but was okay. Front desk personnel was averagely friendly. The bed was comfortable. There was a flat screen TV. Wi-Fi was extremely sketchy and most times you had to go sit in the lobby to get it. The breakfast had very good choices and the breakfast host was extremely pleasant and friendly. All in all, a good average place to stay.

Columbia
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The hotel was very clean & the staff was very friendly. The breakfast was very good with a good variety of food. An especially nice touch was the cook doing eggs to order. The location is a little weird but the GPS got us right to the door.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor are very quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hagerstown, Indiana
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Upon my arrival, the front desk greeted me with smiles. Made me immediately feel welcome. She said it was part of the Hoosier Hospitality that the state was famous for. Now I believe in it. Room was very clean and comfortable. Forgot some sundries and the front desk had it all. I was so amazed and happy. They were great with area attractions. Had no idea what I was hungry for and they gave me alot of ideas. In the morning, breakfast was far more than I had expected. The staff were friendly and energetic. They made me smile first thing in the morning and that is so hard to do that early. Check out was a breeze. I will stay there again and pass the word along to all my family and friends

Marion IN
Reviewed 4 August 2013

As we walked into the room they gave us, it had not been cleaned. Beds unmade, towels on floor. They moved us to another room, no problems there. Hot tub was too hot to enjoy. Hot breakfast so so but free. Easy access right off I70 exit.

East Amherst, NY
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We only stayed one night as we were just passing through. The rooms were updated with new furnishings, flat screen TV, and desk, and the carpet looked new as well. Our room (2 double beds) had a refrigerator and microwave, but my parent's room (one king) did not have either. The breakfast was very nice (6 am - 9 am). There was someone scrambling eggs in the breakfast area who replenished them as they were eaten, so they were always fresh. There was also fresh fruit, cereal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, breads, biscuits with a crock pot full of sausage gravy, and 24-hour coffee and hot chocolate. This is a great hotel for the price, and the staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: If you want a refrigerator or microwave, double check with the staff before getting to your room.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Stayed here on a road trip to the Rocky Mountains from the east coast. We were greeted by a friendly staff person who welcomed us and was glad we had a reservation, because she said that she's been sold out for several days (this was kind of just a random Tuesday) so we were happy as well! The situation of this property is right off the main highway, next to some restaurants, convenience stores, and thinks like that. Parking was ample and the walk to our second story room was reasonable. The room itself had a newer model television, nicer updated lighting. We had a LOT of things to charge after being depleted by our long drive, so we were happy to see the room have ample outlets. The bed was comfortable, and the shower controls worked well and were precise. We also had the room stocked with four towels which was a nice touch because there were four of us (we usually have to ask for more). In the morning, the breakfast had more than just pastries, cold cereal and the like... You could actually see someone using real eggs making actually quite good scrambled eggs and the sausage was good as well. Biscuits were a nice touch. My only complaint is that the pillows were hard, small, and square, which was unfortunate given the general comfort of the bed itself. Also the coffee they had available for breakfast was rather weak and luke warm. However, the small "nice to have's" that I mention as cons, shouldn't deter you from staying here for a night on your way elsewhere as the quality, value, and price were great if you are looking for the perfect one-night "travel-through" hotel.

Room Tip: First floor might save you a little bit of a walk and get you closer to the breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Best Western Classic Inn
Fairfield Inn Richmond
Fairfield Inn Richmond
#1 of 2 in New Paris
#2 of 3 in Greenville

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!