“Fun Casino”

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun Casino”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stopped on our way out of Kentucky and was pleasantly surprised. We did not win any money but it was easy to get to and the people were friendly. It was fun being on the river.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank CasinoTraveler99

Shelbyville, Indiana
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Probably our favorite casino”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The slots are plentiful and while no one wins all the time, I have noticed that we do fairly well here. We are both blackjack players and a table is almost always open and if it isn't, or if only higher stakes tables are open, just ask the pit boss when another table will be open. They will do their best to shift dealers around and accommodate players. It's a fun place and we almost always leave with plans to return in the near future. The staff treats you with respect and never take the attitude that they are doing you a favor by taking your money. The staff is happy and it shows. I'm firmly of the mind that the dealer makes the game and I'd sure recommend Rising Sun to anyone looking for a friendly place to have fun.

Visited April 2014
3 Thank 832sherryd
Butler, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First time---Good time!!”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a wonderful 2 nite stay at Rising Star Hotel and Casino. This was my first time being there and enjoyed every minute. Also seen Chubby Checker's show and he was totally awesome. Thank you so much for a great time.

Pamela Patterson

Visited March 2014
3 Thank pamela p
Columbus, Ohio
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Good Establishment”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was attracted to rising Star because of an e-mail offer for 19.95 for a night's stay. A very good value indeed. I decided to opt for the 19.95 breakfast buffet option in addition to the nights stay. Food was really good at the breakfast buffet. There was a hamburger restaurant next to the buffet that we ate the night before, quality of food was adequate but for the price, and time that it took to prepare, the meal left me less than satisfied. Hotel staff needs to better be able to communicate directions to resort as traveling o highway , I called for directions and was sent to other side of Ohio River. this caused about an hour delay as I had to backtrack until I crossed the Ohio River at Lawrenceberg. The slot machines were dated and one I put money into took my money without crediting me. The staff was really nice and resolved that problem. the front desk people were exceptional except for one time they failed to call the shuttle to pick me up and I walked a few minutes in the cold to see the shuttle driver reading a magazine. I don't know where things got fouled up but I was somewhat perturbed by this. The remote control for the TV was intermittently working/not working and I called the staff which responded by saying the batteries were probably running low and they would repair that. It didn't do me any good that night though when I wanted to switch channels. I won some money at the casino and honestly the price paid was extremely good considering the overall up-to-date accommodations. Hotel room was modern and clean, swimming facility was very good ( sauna room seemed to be missing a thermostat as it was barely above room temp ) Hot tub was good and hot. Staff was friendly and offered help in resolving issues.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank BubbaJuan
Morristown,Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“No comps for first timers”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here for the first time and had never played at this casino before. We asked for players cards and the guy got us signed up and didn't explain any benefits or offer us any food comps or anything at all. This is the first casino that I have been that didn't offer anything to first timers. I did enjoy the selection of penny slots but they wasn't letting anyone play just like a hoover they was sucking everyone I talked to dry. If Rising Star reads this Hollywood gave us food comps etc for being a first time player maybe you should learn from your competition and build on it.

Visited February 2014