“Room terrible.”

Rising Star Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rising Sun
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We books a room over three weeks in advance and asked for a non-smoking room. We were told that they would not guarantee room type (our mistake in not realizing that it also meant smoking vs non-smoking). When we arrived (after a three hour drive) no non-smoking rooms were left so we had to take a smoking room. This smoking room smelled worse than the casino. I cannot believe that they made any attempt to freshen the room. I have had to stay in smoking rooms before, however, this was the worst ever. When I got home I had to was everything that I owned including the overnight bag and a small cosmetic bag that I carry.

I frankly don't understand why I cannot be given assurance that I am getting a non-smoking room if I book three weeks in advance. Just because I arrived after someone else does not make their request more important than mine. It should be first come first served.

As others have said the rooms are dated but being upgraded. The casino is smaller but we like it that way. The casino itself is not that smokey.

I will not stay there again and since I pass three casinos on my way there I will go to one of them.

Room Tip: Don't expect a non-smoking room even if you book one.
9  Thank momtwinsmm
There are newer reviews for Rising Star Casino Resort

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I stay at this hotel several times a year. We always have a pleasant experience. The best customer service we have experienced. All of the employees we have encountered have been polite, courteous and helpful.

The rooms are comfortable and clean. On our most recent trip we had a room with a river view. There was a refrigerator,couch, coffee in the room and wi-fi.

There are several restaurants and a buffet. The buffet is ok, but some of he dishes are bland.

There is a fitness room. Also, located next to it is a nice heated pool, a hot tub and a sauna. Good changing area right there so you don't have to walk to the pool in your suit.

The casino itself has plenty of video poker machines, slots and table games. A large non-smoking area too.

2  Thank daytonky
Reviewed 15 March 2013

This is a nice and clean hotel. The staff is very friendly and it is nice to be on the grounds of the casino. This hotel has an indoor pool and hot tub that are handicap accessible and makes it nice for a winter trip. It also has a sauna and well equipped exercise room. In the warmer months you can enjoy the golf course which is adjacent to the hotel. The only complaint I would have is that the room smelled slightly smokey for a non smoking room. They also have free valet parking.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel has very nice rooms. Very clean and comfortable.
The employees at the front desk are very friendly and helpful.
You can enjoy Skyline Chili, if you like in the food court..
The casino is rather small, which you may prefer.

Room Tip: It seems liket all the rooms are very nice.
Reviewed 19 February 2013

This hotel is under new management & is undergoing renno so they sent us a comped room & 2 buffet meals as a "welcome back" gift. We went on Presidents Day & found the crowd to be very small. We never had to wait for a slot machine or stand in line for our food. We had planned to use the indoor pool but never got around to it.

The King room was very large, clean & had a wonderful view of the golf course & Ohio River. They are doing a nice job on the renno. The only negative is the cigarette smoke stench. We had a non-smoking room but if you spent much time in the casino you reeked of smoke & carried it back to the room.

The Riverview Buffet was good - not great - but good. Bland food but plenty of choices. Service as very good.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank solfetch
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed at the Rising Star Hotel and Casino back in October as we had gotten a voucher for a free room during the week. We were very pleased at the size of the room and the cleanliness. You can tell it is an older property, but we had no complaints at all. I used the very well equipped gym which is right next to the indoor pool/jacuzzi. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that enjoys going to a casino and then walking right to your hotel room.

Room Tip: Bring your swimsuit!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank chip4192
Reviewed 25 September 2012

This hotel is under new ownership and is now called Rising Star Hotel and Casino.
The rooms are large and very comfortable updated with flat screen TV's.
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Skyline Chile is just one of the many restaurants
you'll find on premise. The gaming was good also.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms overlook the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
#12 of 28 in Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
Best Western Inn Florence
#3 of 28 in Florence

Been to Rising Star Casino Resort? Share your experiences!