“Sort of sad”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The property is not consistently maintained and has a run down feel to it. Access to the second floor was through a stairwell with peeling paint and perpetually sticky doors. Outside trash cans stayed full to overflowing.
Inside, both our room and the lobby/breakfast area were clean. There was the standard assortment of breakfast options and staff made sure things never ran out.
Check-in and check-out went smoothly and they made an effort to be friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 July 2011

We spent a night here over the July 4th weekend. The hotel is older, and it shows in a few areas. The bathrooms are really in need of renovation. The ceiling in our room showed signs of leaking in the past. The room itself, and the beds seemed to be a little newer, and I found the bed to actually be really comfortable. We didn't have any problems with noise, and the air conditioning worked fine even on a hot summer night.
The staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful, especially the woman working the breakfast area. She was super friendly, and made sure everything remained available right up to the end of the breakfast service times. I've stayed at several places and if you get there in the last 15 you are lucky to get some toast, but not here, she was on top it. We did book this hotel partly because it had an outdoor pool available. Sadly, the pool was very small, and I'm not sure what had gone on in it the day before, but it was the murkiest cloudiest pool water I think I have ever seen. I was definatley not getting in that. We did spend some time outside around the pool, and it was very peaceful and quiet.

Great location, comfortable beds, friendly staff, but really in need of a bathroom renovation, and the addition of an elevator would be fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 March 2011

I was traveling from Holland, Mi back home to Corydon, In. I had been on the road 7 hrs to Mi taking my nephew home, hoping to make the 7 hr trip back home that night. By 4:30 am I was very tired. So I stopped in Rochester off 31 and pulled into the Comfort Inn. Front desk girl was very nice. She gave me a king size bed for full bed price and late check out of 1:00 pm. Room was very clean, bed was comfy. By the time I showered and tried to wind down to go to sleep it was about 6 am and guest were getting up and making an awful racket. The walls are very thin, I could hear everything. I called the front desk and relayed my dilema ask for a box fan, she gladly brought me one, I turned that baby on high and slept like a log. Now that is service!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Very nice rooms, clean and quiet, and a great staff. We will be back at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This Comfort Inn is a quiet and apparently older hotel (no elevator) but we found it to be clean and comfortable for a reasonable price. There were already enough towels and washcloths for 4 persons in our room so we didn't have to go looking for more. The breakfast was OK with the usual fare - doughnuts, bagels, hot and cold cereal, make-your-own-waffle, yogurt, etc. but nothing to rave about. The staff was friendly and apologetic about our one complaint - we could not use the outdoor pool. because the maintenance person had recently put chemicals in the pool. When we arrived at about 6:30 pm, we were told the pool could not be used for 12 hours - a major disappointment after a long hot day with two kids, 8 and 3 yrs old, who had been looking forward all afternoon to having fun in the pool. For gosh sakes, let the guests use the pool in the early evening and put chemicals in later at night after the pool is closed. Other than irritation about the closed pool, this was an OK hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We travel to Rochester, Indiana each year for a big 4th of July party which includes extended family members from across the country. We always stay at the Comfort Inn, as the location is perfect. It's right off US 31, so it's easy to find as well. There is a Wal-Mart, gas station, & fast food restaurants all within walking distance. You are literally five minutes from them. We always get a non smoking room, & never have had an issue with smelling smoke from other rooms. The room itself & the bathroom were very clean. We did not have any problems with the plumbing, & water was always hot for showers. Staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast was substantial, with yogurt, fruits, cereals, sweet rolls, coffee, juice, & waffles. We do not eat big breakfasts though, so it was perfect for us. The motel has a new manager, & it was apparent that the motel is in the process of making many positive changes. There is a small pool, but we were too busy to use it. It looked clean & well kept. I had my laptop & found it easy to get on line with the code the hotel provided at check in. No, it isn't a 5 Star motel, but it's clean, comfortable, & close to everything in Rochester. BTW, if you're there in the summer, be sure & stop by the Flag Pole for ice cream. They have great Hot Fudge Sundaes! Also, a fun way to spend an afternoon, is at Amish Acres, which is just Northeast of Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

The room was pretty clean. My biggest complaint was the bathroom. It was as clean as was possible considering the deterioration. Stained and marked tub with cracking paint made the bathroom feel dirty even though i really found no signs of actual dirt. The connecting room door was not very secure without a knob on it. Walls were drab. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and the beadspreads appeared fairly new. I've stayed in worse, but wouldn't stay here unless I had no other location choices.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!