“Overflow”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

This could be a nice place. It looks okay from the outside. Our two rooms had stained carpet. My wife found a big dust ball under one of her pillows. Both showers drained so slowly that the water was over our ankles before we were done. The only other option is the Super 8 next door and we heard that was worse. Disappointing.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank TWB3rd
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Last night, my husband & I stayed at this Comfort Inn. As I entered the lobby, the clerk let me know it would be just a minute. When she was able to help me she asked if I was Shanna. She had all of my paperwork ready & was very friendly throughout the check in process. It was a pleasure to deal with Jill ☺. Our room had a king size bed with jacuzzi tub and a recliner. The bed was extremely comfortable & the room was very clean and smelled clean. There were water stains on the wall & we could tell repairs had been made to the ceiling. For a small town hotel for an overnight stay I would recommend this hotel. Renovations throughout the hotel (especially to the workout facility & water stains) could bring the ratings up.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Shanna C
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed in this hotel for three nights arriving late one evening. The air conditioning in my room was not operating upon arrival and there was a terrible musty smell - I noticed water trickling down the wall in the room coming from the room upstairs. The hotel was booked and there was not another room to move to - yes, I did ask at nearly midnight. The staff tried hard to be helpful, and I give kudos to the maintenance pro, but even after the weekend rush left, no one offered to move me, or correct the black mold spots on the wall. I will say it was relatively quiet, the staff was friendly, and the bed was comfortable, but that was about it. There are great people at the hotel, but it needs repairs. I'll keep on driving next time, or find other options elsewhere.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I've been here a few times and it doesn't get any worse but it could use a a bit of updating here and there.

Friendly staff, comfortable beds are the highlights. I had a quiet night's rest. Definitely seems priced high given the accommodations and location.

Given the choices, I'll be back again when coming through this area. Recommended as the best of what's around.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2014

For a small town it met my needs. The staff were very friendly and the continental breakfast exceeded my expectations. The biscuits and gravy along with their cinammon waffle station surprised me. As for my room, the bed was comfortable and spacious. The bathtub had some fixtures that needed to be replaced, but overall it didn't affect my stay. The location is in the middle of everything so if you need to make a run over to Walmart for anything, it's right next door. The next time I'm in Rochester I would stay there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JamesandFlorida
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We were very happy..could use some updates bit beds were comfortable..was clean and quiet... Breakfast was great.Waffle's,,sausage,eggs, cereal, yogurt... Etc. Had a lot to pick from. For the price we are more than happy!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 January 2014

in its price category, it is a good hotel, although its obvious that it needs some maintenance and reparations. Mainly bath area looked like its getting old.
But room was clean. Bed comfortable, Cable TV,, AC quiet.
2 Things I couldnt get used to. The window couldnt be open, so the whole time you are running on AC air. Second thing was a certain, light, hotel smell. Wasnt bad, but not something I can consider as normal.
Stuff was very friendly and helpful with anything needed. I personally valuate good food recommendation [not a fast food] in such a small town like Rochester.
Hotel is surrounded by different shops, so one can buy daily stuff easily.
Breakfast is typical for US. Cookies, pancakes, eggs, joghurt, fruits, toasts.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Culver Cove Resort
#1 of 2 in Culver
Wyndham Garden Warsaw
Best Western Circus City Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!