“Nice Place!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Rochester
Reviewed 23 September 2010

Very nice rooms, clean and quiet, and a great staff. We will be back at this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn

Reviewed 20 August 2010

This Comfort Inn is a quiet and apparently older hotel (no elevator) but we found it to be clean and comfortable for a reasonable price. There were already enough towels and washcloths for 4 persons in our room so we didn't have to go looking for more. The breakfast was OK with the usual fare - doughnuts, bagels, hot and cold cereal, make-your-own-waffle, yogurt, etc. but nothing to rave about. The staff was friendly and apologetic about our one complaint - we could not use the outdoor pool. because the maintenance person had recently put chemicals in the pool. When we arrived at about 6:30 pm, we were told the pool could not be used for 12 hours - a major disappointment after a long hot day with two kids, 8 and 3 yrs old, who had been looking forward all afternoon to having fun in the pool. For gosh sakes, let the guests use the pool in the early evening and put chemicals in later at night after the pool is closed. Other than irritation about the closed pool, this was an OK hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2010

We travel to Rochester, Indiana each year for a big 4th of July party which includes extended family members from across the country. We always stay at the Comfort Inn, as the location is perfect. It's right off US 31, so it's easy to find as well. There is a Wal-Mart, gas station, & fast food restaurants all within walking distance. You are literally five minutes from them. We always get a non smoking room, & never have had an issue with smelling smoke from other rooms. The room itself & the bathroom were very clean. We did not have any problems with the plumbing, & water was always hot for showers. Staff couldn't have been nicer. The breakfast was substantial, with yogurt, fruits, cereals, sweet rolls, coffee, juice, & waffles. We do not eat big breakfasts though, so it was perfect for us. The motel has a new manager, & it was apparent that the motel is in the process of making many positive changes. There is a small pool, but we were too busy to use it. It looked clean & well kept. I had my laptop & found it easy to get on line with the code the hotel provided at check in. No, it isn't a 5 Star motel, but it's clean, comfortable, & close to everything in Rochester. BTW, if you're there in the summer, be sure & stop by the Flag Pole for ice cream. They have great Hot Fudge Sundaes! Also, a fun way to spend an afternoon, is at Amish Acres, which is just Northeast of Rochester.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2009

The room was pretty clean. My biggest complaint was the bathroom. It was as clean as was possible considering the deterioration. Stained and marked tub with cracking paint made the bathroom feel dirty even though i really found no signs of actual dirt. The connecting room door was not very secure without a knob on it. Walls were drab. The beds were surprisingly comfortable and the beadspreads appeared fairly new. I've stayed in worse, but wouldn't stay here unless I had no other location choices.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 February 2008

I travel frequently throughout Indiana for business, and I have to say I was disappointed by the Comfort Inn in Rochester. On the plus side, the staff was very friendly and the location wasn’t bad. The room was seemed as clean as it could possibly be. Unfortunately, there were many negatives. The hotel seems very expensive for what it is. I would expect at least a business class hotel at this price point. Most hotels in this price range offer amenities such as in-room fridges and microwaves. At the very least, I would expect an elevator. Lugging a weeks worth of business and casual clothes up a flight of stairs is not a pleasant beginning to the week. The room was very noisy. I could hear everything going on outside my room including low conversation and there was a constant rumble. The décor was worn and dated, and the bathroom just seemed kind of gross (even though it was clean). The tub drain didn’t keep up with shower, causing about two inches of water accumulation while showering. There were water stains throughout the bathroom and room. There was a general lack of outlets, especially near the desk. The iron is tethered to the ironing board making it difficult to use. The ice bucket wasn’t insulated, so keeping anything cold was impossible. The breakfast area is small with very few seats. The food and coffee were questionable so I found myself going elsewhere for breakfast. A coworker stayed at the Super 8 and it seemed superior to the Comfort Inn. I don’t have any direct experience but I think it’d be worth a try.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 January 2007

The rooms are clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. We have family in the area, and will stay there again next time we visit.

As to a previous review's complaints - the plumbing could use a little work, but it wasn't reason enough to cause me to downgrade my rating. (Hold the flush handle a second or two longer than normal and the toilet flushes just fine.) If you are extremely sensitive to cigarette smoke, the smoking and non-smoking rooms are intermingled, so you will smell some smoke odor in the hallways, but our nonsmoking room was odor free.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 October 2005

The hotel was overpriced for a budget hotel, not very clean, and loud. The room that I was given was indeed a "non-smoking room" as requested, but there was a smoking room next door, so I could smell smoke drifting under the door. Additionally, it appears as if water intrusion has occured on the first floor of this hotel at one point, and there were parts of my room where the wallpaper was peeling from the wall. Lastly, the plumbing didn't work that well. In particular, the toilet in my room didn't always flush properly. Based on the other review of the Super 8 hotel next door, I would stay there instead or drive the extra 60 minutes to Kokomo, Indiana to find something else.

• Stayed: October 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank Indyuser
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rochester
Holiday Inn Express Plymouth
Culver Cove Resort
#1 of 2 in Culver
Wyndham Garden Warsaw
Best Western Circus City Inn

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!