“Would stay again in a heartbeat!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rockport
Clarksville, TN
“Would stay again in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed 9 July 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel after our day at Holiday World and both of us really enjoyed it. The room was sparkling clean. The shower/bathroom was well stocked and clean. The king sized bed was so comfortable with the pillow top mattress. The only complaint we had was the other guests being loud early in the morning. We both are just late sleepers. Nothing that was the hotel's fault at all. The breakfast was well stocked in the morning. And the pool was fun along with the hot tub! Staff was very friendly and helpful. I ended up leaving my favorite pillow and they are sending it to me in the post. I wouldn't hesistate to staying there again on our next trip to Holiday World.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KatieLowe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Nashville
Reviewed 3 July 2010

Stayed 6/27 + 6/28 for Holiday World visit. Had 2 queen room (rate was $98/nt with AAA discount). Check-in was quick and staff was cordial. Room was very clean and a pretty good sleep at night. Very comfortable beds, bathroom is roomy enough. Free local phone calls. Flat-screen TV worked fine. Small room refrigerator would've been nice, but none in room (we just kept our cooler filled with ice). Free morning breakfast is basic fare (cereals, muffins/pastries/breads/bagels, make your own waffles, various juices). Very clean eating room, and foods were kept well-stocked. A big plus if traveling with kids. Hotel has an indoor pool, but we didn't use - didn't have time, but it is a bit small and was pretty much packed like sardines with a few families-kids. Fitness room has treadmill, elliptical, and bicycle; nothing spectacular, but machines were modern and I think I was the only one in the hotel to use it during our visit.Hotel is pretty much in the middle of nowhere, but right off the main turnpike (but not close enough to turnpike for traffic to be any kind of problem). There is the main part of Rockport one mile away, with a very limited number of restaurants (tip: avoid "Brick Oven Pizza", unless you dig cardboard texture). Hotel is maybe 20+ minutes away from Holiday World; traffic was never an issue.
All in all, would definitely recommend to anyone.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank hoyvenon
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 16 June 2010

This hotel has the appearance of a 3 or 4 star hotel but with 2 star amenities and service.

No automatic doors at the entrance sure makes for an interesting load and unload process, especially when you have two sets of doors to navigate.

The rooms were nice and clean...but no fridge. For the level of room they are supposedly providing, there should be a fridge.

This is the first hotel in my life I've stayed in that didn't have poly-fill pillows for people with down allergy.

Our room didn't get serviced on day 2. When we called to the front desk at 7pm to let them know we needed new towels, she said we needed to come down to the front desk to get them.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 4 June 2010

I traveled here over the Memorial Day weekend and was very dissatisfied with the service I received from Housekeeping. Housekeeping did not clean our room the next day. And what I mean by that is that our trash was not taken out, no toliet paper replaced, and the king bed was made up with the price tags of my new clothing still in the bed. When I complained at the front desk that day the nice lady on duty stated "It probably wasn't cleaned due to we have new maids but I'll give you a trash bag to put your trash in. Wow! So upon check out I asked to speak with the GM and the nice lady at the desk stated she will not be in till 3pm. So I told her my complaint and she gave me the GM's business card to contact later. Well, I contacted her and she had the nerve to state that the housekeepers don't clean up the Hide-a-Bed's and if they don't know what to trash or not they don't touch it. But remember what I stated above was the obvious. Then she preceeds to state we broke a chair and crammed a chocolate bar in the sofa and it took 3 people to clean the room and one was her. But the thing is when we checked out they were cleaning the room then because while I was at the front desk complaining the Housekeeper brought me my shoes I had left and remember they said GM wouldn't be there until 3pm. And did I mention there was a Traveling Baseball Team(young kids) on our end! So I asked to have the Owners and she said No they don't want to be involved. What kind of owners are they? And she said and I quote " Good Luck on finding out who they are!" If the GM(Danielle [--]) is acting like this I can only imagine how the Owners are and I guess this would explain the Housekeeping staff and their service level. If I knew then what I know now, I would have gone back to Santa's Cottages where I stayed last year. And Yes I have been traveling to Holiday World for the past 3years and I have never experienced any service like this. Good Luck if you stay here.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Princess1070
GM-IN214, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 7 July 2010
As the General Manager of this Comfort Inn & Suites, I am writing in response to this guest’s comment about our hotel. Princess 1070 did stay over Memorial Weekend and checked out on Monday, May 31. Before leaving on Monday, she did express her frustrations about unsatisfied housekeeping service from May 30. As she stated, she did speak to a lady at the front desk, and she did give the guest my business card so that she could contact me later.

After Princess 1070 checked-out, two of our hotel owners, our housekeeping supervisor, and another housekeeper all went to her room to help clean it. They reported to me that the desk chair had been broken. The housekeeping supervisor also found a chocolate bar mashed into the sofa-bed mattress, and blue drink spilled all over the nightstand.

Princess 1070 contacted me on Friday, June 4. She explained her disappointment in the housekeeping service she received. Her main complaint was that the housekeeper did not throw away clothing price tags. I explained to her that the housekeeper may have had reservations about throwing away the tags, in case the guest wanted to return the clothes, or keep the tags. Then she said the tags were made up in the bed. I had no explanation for why that would have happened, but informed her that we did have a few new housekeepers, but still apologized for that occurring.

I did tell her about the damages that were found in her room, but she completely denied knowing anything about the chair being broken or the candy bar. She did acknowledge having the blue drink.

I felt that Princess 1070 did not receive the level of service that our hotel is known for. I apologized immensely and offered a full refund for her stay. Her reply was that she “was not looking for a hand out, and she drove a Land Rover”. I asked her how I could make up for her dissatisfaction, and her reply was that we needed a better training program for our housekeeping staff. I agreed to pass on her incident to housekeepers in hopes that this situation never happened again. I invited her to stay with us again to see that her comments and suggestions were used constructively and to improve customer service to all of our future guests.

GM-IN214
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 20 July 2009

[FYI - I'm a 7~8 of 10 in the "pickiness" scale]
I visit nearby business. Most often stayed in Owensboro or Evansville - but found this hotel a solid alternative. "Passed all tests" of basic comfort, cleanliness, & value (e.g., see under rim sink photo) despite being frequented by industrial contractors. One significant gripe for me is small desk for working. Attached photos will help tell story. Breakfast is basic-but free. Some decent restaurant choices in nearby Rockport. I especially enjoyed food at Los Panchos (Mexican restaurant) with railroad caboose attached to it just inside town to the south of restaurant. I'll be back...

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank mechcr8r
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 25 June 2009

This hotel was very clean. It is nice to stay at an extremely clean hotel every once and awhile. The staff was friendly. I asked about area restaurants, and they gave me a map with all the stops. They were very prepared and informative. We were there visiting Holiday World and we will come back next year!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
rockport
Reviewed 13 June 2009

All the employees were the cleanest and nicest people. I let the family go to Holiday World and stayed at the hotel to relax all day. I'm staying here again soon.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rockport
Comfort Inn
Ramada Limited Tell City
Ramada Limited Tell City
#2 of 3 in Tell City
Holiday Inn Express Tell City

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!