“Was going to stay but cancelled due to negative customer service”
Review of Santa's Lodge

Santa's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I first reserved room for one night, August 2008. The lady reserved my rate with a AAA discount though evidently lodge does not AAA during summer months I guess. I think she made an allowance after learning one of my boys is in remission for brain cancer and she wanted to be nice. But the management at Santa's Lodge does not share her same sentiment. One big fiasco after another!! I had to switch dates from August to July instead and that is when I met complete oposition to the AAA rate. I continually tried to take care of this explaining I was told AAA would be honored but to no avail. nothing. Meanwhile April 19 I recieve confirmation of reservation with a rate of $99 per night - they even went as far to put in comments in system no AAA during this time. I finally emailed the Lodge and rec'd feedback from asst manager who said she would honor the AAA rate aggreement though they spoke to the clerk who I guess did a big no no! (I'm thinking this is awfully petty!) THen I discover in same email they are charging me $110 per night so really no AAA is going to make a difference so I call and try to get this fixed and I am met again with complete oposition, telling me to fax copy they mailed me. BIG FIASCO!! I do not have time to keep calling, emailing, mailing, faxing, sending smoke signals for this hotel for a one night stay! Beware - customer service is not a priority! Needless to say, we are lodging with Rudolph instead, I may be paying more money in long run, but at least I won't stay where customer service is a big fat 0!

DATE IS INCORRECT AT TOP, COULDNT GET PAST WITHOUT PUTTING PAST DATE

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Momma5boys

Reviewed 4 April 2008

Not bad hotel expierence but we had better time camping at Lake Rudolf. It is just across the street from Holiday world.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank Sunwhisper8
Reviewed 17 March 2008

worst experience i have ever had at a hotel. the staff was the rudest front desk staff i have ever met! The rooms were dirty and overpriced. the resurant is a rip off too! I wrote a letter to management and never heard back! I faxed the letter a 2nd time. Still no response. I guess they just dont want to hear the feedback! Run away from this place!! RIPOFF!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank edwardsville
Reviewed 14 August 2007

With all the negative blogs I read I was apprehensive about my trip to Santa's Lodge. I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the employees were very friendly and helpful. The food in St Nick's Restaurant was teriffic, the waitresses were attentive. The atmosphere itself was worth the trip. I would recommend the lodge to anyone and everyone. The only thing I wish for is more selections in the gift shop

Reviewed 4 August 2007

The evening shift personal didn't worry about the guest at all. The room was dirty and wasn't worth the price of the hotel. The pool was fill with so much chlorine that it seem as if that was their way of cleaning it. If I ever do go back to Holiday World I will sleep in my car before I ever stay there again. Very unhappy with the Hotel.

Stayed: July 2007
2  Thank kyfille
Reviewed 30 July 2007

After reading some of the reviews about this property, I was worried about booking it, but wanted to be close to Holiday World, so we booked it. IT WAS FINE! There are a number of negative reviews about this place - but be assured that it really is an OK place. It's not fancy, but it's clean (and I looked very closely, based on so many of the reviews!) and just a couple of minutes' drive to Holiday World. You have to realize you're going to a hotel in a very small town and it just doesn't operate on larger-city standards. Check-in took a while and the level of customer service isn't stellar (but no one was unfriendly - just not "on it" all the time), but if you need a place to sleep while playing at Holiday World, book this place. You'll be fine, and glad you didn't have to drive a distance to get to Holiday World. Food in the restaurants is also fine - the buffets are OK, although they don't offer much in the healthful food arena (but neither does anyplace in town - because there really isn't anyplace else to eat unless you want to drive 20 miles to the next town).

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
1  Thank mominindy
Reviewed 21 July 2007

We stayed at Santa's Lodge on the nights of July 8th and 9th. We booked this hotel because of its closeness to Holiday World. My husband and I and two children stayed at a hotel just off the highway in Ferdinand last summer, and while it was just fine, the pool was kind of gross and it was kind of a pain to drive that far after a tiring day in the park. This summer I planned a few days at Holiday World with my 7-year-old twins, two long-time friends who were college roommates, and one of the roommate's 14-year-old daughter. We decided to stay at Santa's Lodge, which I thought had a better-looking swimming pool and is practically right next door to the park.
My kids and I arrived before check-in time and were told my friends' room was ready but ours was not. We went ahead and checked into their room so we could change into our swimsuits, and I was not too impressed with the room. Later when we checked into our Queen Deluxe room, I found that the extra money we were paying was well worth it. The furnishings seemed much newer and overall it was a much nicer room and had a microwave and refrigerator. It seemed that the whole wing was newer. Lucky for my friends, their air conditioner wasn't working so they ended up getting moved to a Queen Deluxe.
We ate several meals at the buffet, and it was quick and convenient and tasty. My kids enjoyed serving themselves, and for about $20 the three of us ate.
We used the indoor pool a couple of times, and it was very clean and nice. The indoor hot tub was nice too. We looked at the outdoor pool, and it looked good too.
I would definitely stay at Santa's Lodge again! Its location to Holiday World can't be beat. Sure, the campground across the street has great deals and I'm sure the accommodations are nice, but there's a lot to be said for not having to drag sheets and towels and coolers full of food and drinks down and just having a great time!

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with friends
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Huntingburg
SureStay Plus By Best Western, Jasper

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!