“Great Memorial Day Weekend Stay”
Review of Santa's Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Claus
Santa's Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Santa Claus
Chesapeake, VA
“Great Memorial Day Weekend Stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2008

I recently spent last weekend (May 22-24, 2008) at this hotel. Last year we stayed in the Queen Deluxe room. This year we opted for the Family Suite which had more room and a whirlpool tub. We liked the room much more than the Queen Deluxe. It was clean, spacious and had a nice whirlpool tub. The only gripes I have about the rooms here in this hotel are that the toilets in the bathrooms have no seat covers and the wireless internet signal is very weak and spotty as you tend to lose your signal if you move your laptap away from the back of the room. The best thing about this hotel is the proximity to Holiday World & Splashin Safari. We are looking forward to staying here again next year.

• Liked — Proximity to Holiday World
  • Disliked — No toilet seat covers and weak internet signal!
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Columbia, TN
Reviewed 25 May 2008

It's been a long while since we ventured to Santa Claus, Indiana but the warm weather has me planning summer getaways and I was reminded of our trip to this hotel. Let's start by saying that if you are going for the Water Park just down the street don't let a negative review of this hotel stop you because the Water Park is EXCELLENT. One of the best that I have been to. The Santa Claus Lodge however is probably one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. We used the hotel website to book the room and I am 100% sure it was not for the average price of $64.00/night, year round rate, that trip advisor states. It was at least $140.00 a night and required a two night minimum which included breakfast (buffet style - also the worst buffet I have ever ate at.) The Lodge is tacky, tacky, tacky. The most recent reviews state that they are undergoing renovations and let's just say that's a good thing. The lobby is filled with Christmas crafts which I am sure have their place in the world but do not enhance the atmosphere at all. It feels like a 40 year old hotel that has tried to capitalize on the popularity of the water park by promising a "family friendly" "cozy" lodge-like atmosphere. It just feels cheezy and old and almost dorm-like. It really has that dorm like feel. Not quite clean even when it is and severely overused. Our room was old with funky smelling carpet that felt sticky when you walked barefoot on it. The beds were old and lumpy with old linens. We spent the first night listening to the throngs of tweens and teens running through the place. And my one year old crying all night long. The next morning we felt soooo robbed!! The breakfast buffet was truthfully the worst. It was almost comical. After breakfast we packed up and went to the desk and asked for our money back for the second night. They tried really hard to refuse stating it was not their policy but I stood my ground. We had one night refunded. The desk help was not the least bit friendly either when we checked in, or out. Also, be aware (unless there has been more development in the area since 06) that you are a long way from other choices of hotels or places to eat. Their is a mini-golf with a grill that serves hamburger and hotdogs next to the hotel. It seems like there was a market too but not much else except for the Water Park. What this hotel needs is a little competition in the area. I had this feeling of being trapped in Cheezy Christmas Hell. The saving grace was the water park which is really the main attraction and worth every penny. If you pay the 64 bucks for a room at the lodge well then that would change everything but we paid $140 a night for nothing more than an econolodge. Buyer Beware!!

• Liked — Close proximity to the water park.
  • Disliked — Let me count the ways....
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank blueskyjen

Travellers are raving about these Santa Claus hotels

Reviewed 14 May 2008

I read the reviews, but I just had to see for myself, and I loved it. They seem to be in remodel mode. I had a new employee for my check in, and she was young everything went fine, I am on a trip and supposed to be relaxed so I find if your patient with people they are nicer to you. The decortations were very cute, the christmas trees were very nice, they have lights strung outside on the fence posts and wreaths, very christmas. My bed was a pillow top, the most comfortable bed I have slept in at a hotel, better than the larger chains who promise the bed and I have been so disappointed . It was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in, in this price range. The restaurant was very cute , I kept my order from menu simple and it was really good, everyone was so nice. They have a bar if you want to have drinks, it was peaceful, laid back. I just loved the lodge feel and the little lake with gazebo. Now they do not have many channels on the tv to pick from, but I read, and was so tired from the theme park. The pool is nice, kids loved it. I will stay there every time I go to the park.

• Liked — Chistmas theme, and the bed
  • Disliked — tv stations
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
Vancouver
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I first reserved room for one night, August 2008. The lady reserved my rate with a AAA discount though evidently lodge does not AAA during summer months I guess. I think she made an allowance after learning one of my boys is in remission for brain cancer and she wanted to be nice. But the management at Santa's Lodge does not share her same sentiment. One big fiasco after another!! I had to switch dates from August to July instead and that is when I met complete oposition to the AAA rate. I continually tried to take care of this explaining I was told AAA would be honored but to no avail. nothing. Meanwhile April 19 I recieve confirmation of reservation with a rate of $99 per night - they even went as far to put in comments in system no AAA during this time. I finally emailed the Lodge and rec'd feedback from asst manager who said she would honor the AAA rate aggreement though they spoke to the clerk who I guess did a big no no! (I'm thinking this is awfully petty!) THen I discover in same email they are charging me $110 per night so really no AAA is going to make a difference so I call and try to get this fixed and I am met again with complete oposition, telling me to fax copy they mailed me. BIG FIASCO!! I do not have time to keep calling, emailing, mailing, faxing, sending smoke signals for this hotel for a one night stay! Beware - customer service is not a priority! Needless to say, we are lodging with Rudolph instead, I may be paying more money in long run, but at least I won't stay where customer service is a big fat 0!

DATE IS INCORRECT AT TOP, COULDNT GET PAST WITHOUT PUTTING PAST DATE

Stayed April 2008
1 Thank Momma5boys
Evansville , Indiana
Reviewed 4 April 2008

Not bad hotel expierence but we had better time camping at Lake Rudolf. It is just across the street from Holiday world.

• Liked — Fun Atmoshere and excitement of the children
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunwhisper8
Edwardsville IL
Reviewed 17 March 2008

worst experience i have ever had at a hotel. the staff was the rudest front desk staff i have ever met! The rooms were dirty and overpriced. the resurant is a rip off too! I wrote a letter to management and never heard back! I faxed the letter a 2nd time. Still no response. I guess they just dont want to hear the feedback! Run away from this place!! RIPOFF!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything!! rude staff
  • Stayed June 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank edwardsville
St Louis, MO
Reviewed 14 August 2007

With all the negative blogs I read I was apprehensive about my trip to Santa's Lodge. I was very happy with my stay. The room was clean, the employees were very friendly and helpful. The food in St Nick's Restaurant was teriffic, the waitresses were attentive. The atmosphere itself was worth the trip. I would recommend the lodge to anyone and everyone. The only thing I wish for is more selections in the gift shop

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santa Claus
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jasper
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 1 in Lewisport

Been to Santa's Lodge? Share your experiences!