“Clean park, safe fun for good price”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
New Albany, Indiana
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Clean park, safe fun for good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

Holiday World is a great theme park, especially the "surfing safari" part of the park. What impressed me was how clean everything was. No unpleasant smells. No trash. And, very friendly and helpful staff. I wish there had been more variety with regard to shows. I can't ride any of the rides (was there for my kids), and I have to admit to getting a little bored. I liked the toy museum, and the one concert I saw was nice. My kids had a great time. They loved the water park and enjoyed the other rides as well. I never felt unsafe. I like their policy about patrons' behavior/dress in the park. I've been at other theme parks where trash cans were smelly and some of the customers were drunk and unruly. The June discount makes this a very affordable option.

Clarksville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“First Time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

Several of the rides I really wanted to try were closed for maintnance. The rollar coasters were great but I wish they had a bigger selection of rides for adults. Splashin Safari was great though.

1 Thank crystal b
Russellville, Kentucky
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Still the best amusement park and value for your money!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2013

First visit back to Holiday World since the kids were little back in the '80s and '90s (no water park back then!) - now with 'adult' kids, and never a disappointment. Everything is very clean and family-friendly. Free parking, with shuttle to front gate. They do check any bags, purses, etc. that you have with you - but it was done in good taste (this is 'today's world'!). Always free-unlimited soft drinks, which is really nice on a hot day! They have lockers in the water park section - small and large - everything we had fit in the small one, which was $10 for the day. You get a wrist band, that when scanned will open your locker only. The 'adult' kids had such a blast in both parks, that we purchased the next day ($27) tickets for them before we left. Went on a weekday, so lines for rides were not too awfully long. Not a lot for older adults who don't do the water rides or roller coasters anymore - but really enjoyed watching everyone else on the rides, and 'reminiscing'. So glad to see they still have the 'High Dive' show - still as enjoyable as ever. It is truly a family - friendly park with something for everyone, no matter the age. Thanks for years of memories! (Tip - these other places and shops around Santa Claus are worth a stop: The Christmas Store, Museum and Village, and Santa's Candy Castle).

1 Thank Senior5510
Rockville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One day family getaway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have been to Holiday world many times over ther years, this was one of the most pleasant trips ever. Parking was quick and east.t was easy and fast to get into the park although this was our first year getting our bags checked. The Park was clean and the staff was as nice as ever. There was little wait to get on the rides all day and we actually were able to ride more than we have in the past. The food was good and for a park, the price was reasonable and as always we enjoyed the free drinks. I was glad to see the new lockers in the waterpark a much needed improvement and easy to use. The only downside were the shows, the quaility of the performers was not as good as I expected. A little cool at times but thats one thing I can't blame them for. Overall a excellent day!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“We enjoy it every time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

We love this park. Plenty of rides in the amusement park and the water park to keep everybody happy. The park is clean and the staff is awesome. The concessions are fairly typical but they do have a good variety and even vegetarian options! Free parking , sunscreen and soft drinks!