“Best Amusement Park for Families!!”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Steubenville
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Amusement Park for Families!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Just wanted to commend you and your staff for a great park. We came for the first time last year and decided to bring our whole family back this year. You have amazing rides and even more amazing people. Keep up the good work! We are looking to bring our whole youth group next year!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun for the whole family”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We have a blast at Holiday World. There is something for everyone to do. Free drinks is a great thing too. Nevery had to worry about not getting enough. My one complaint would be not enough shade at the water park.

Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“Another Awesome Time”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Holiday World is once again my favorite amusement park. The staff is very friendly. They even wish you a Merry Christmas when you buy a funnel cake in the Christmas area. The park is extremely clean and well kept. They have a great selection of rides for any type of rider. The water park is exceptional. It has so many great rides. This is becoming a yearly tradition for my husband and I. I can't wait to return next summer!

1 Thank Mary E
Dublin, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“LOVED IT!!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Took a detour on our way from Georgia to Indianapolis to let the kids (14 & 15) have some fun. We are very happy that we took the time to spend a full day at Holiday World and Splashin' Safari. This park has a great FAMILY atmosphere. I did see an attendant require a young man to pull his pants up and a young woman to wear a shirt or cover-up over her bikini before entering the park. As a parent, I appreciate that. I do not want to see your underwear or too much of your body.

The prices are very reasonable - admission less than $40 net of $5 discount with a Pepsi can. Food and ice cream prices were much better than Disney or sports venues. Drinks are FREE - yes, FREE, and include Pepsi products with a couple of flavors of Gatorade, lemonade, tea, and water. T-shirts prices were reasonable as well. Parking - FREE as well. This park is a GREAT DEAL!

My teens loved the roller coasters and especially the relatively short lines. They spent only a 2-3 hours in the water park, but enjoyed it as well. Although we had a "rain delay" of about an hour after a thunder storm hit the area, the staff had the rides operable in a short time.

2 Thank Not-Taking-My-Guns
Mascoutah, Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Excellent Family Outing”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

As a little girl, I remember going to Santa Claus Land for the day. Back then, there was probably a carousel, some small cars on a track, seahorse carousel, gift shop, and of course, Santa Claus. When I had children of my own, it became Holiday World, where we spent time at company picnics and watching our children enjoy all the wonders of he previous Santa Claus Land along with many more rides such as the tilt-o-whirl, roundup, and the scrambler. Today, as we share Holiday World with our grandchildren, it is amazing to see how this park has grown. Roller coasters, water rides, kiddie area, shows, and of course, Splashin' Safari. Great price, good family value, great food with decent prices for a park, free sunscreen and soda. Friendly staff and a pristine park makes this destination a must. 5 stars to Holiday World!! Did I forget to mention free parking? :)