“Make a day of it”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I visited in 2010, and Holiday World offers excellent deals. The parking is free, there are unlimited drinks, as well as sun block stations around the park. The wooden roller coasters were some of the best amusement park rides I've ever been on.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,149)

Reviewed 27 November 2013

I grew up just north of Indianapolis, and for a while my family and I would go to Holiday World almost every summer. This is probably the happiest place on earth. It is so clean, family friendly, and just good fun. I have nothing but good memories of this place, and they keep coming out with better rides every year.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

I am from southern Indiana so I guess I am partial to this theme park but just because I am from Indiana don't let that full you. I have been all over the word, my husband is in the Army and I have also been to many, many theme parks and some of the best Theme Parks that I have ever been to were in Germany and this park reminds me exactly of those. It is beautiful, family friendly and has a great Christian atmosphere and offers children what I would call a unforgettable wonderland, All of the Holidays are celebrated, Santa is always there and the candy and fudge shops are excellent. It is a well shaded park with mature trees, free cokes all day and one heck of a water park does not require a separate fee. It boast a great MILITARY DISCOUNT so do forget to show your i.d.!! They have thrill rides and kiddie rides. Not to mention the surrounding town (Santa Claus) although small is magical in itself. If you love Christmas or a good time than this place is for you.

1  Thank jessandtom2006
Reviewed 21 November 2013

omg if u have a family its cheap and so fun best tome to go is june july and all u thrill seekers go try out the voyage

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I wish they would be open longer during the day so you have more time to enjoy the parks. With that being said, we have had a lot of fun the two times we have went here. We plan on making it a yearly thing. (Even when the kids are too big to go) (-: