“Wonderful Getaway”

Holiday World & Splashin' Safari
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari are a family-owned theme park and water park combo located in Santa Claus, Indiana. Home of Thunderbird - America’s only launched wing roller coaster, Holiday World celebrates Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving and the 4th of July with roller coasters, family rides, a huge water park, live entertainment, games, attractions - and Santa Claus, himself! Splashin’ Safari, ranked one of the nation’s Top Water Parks by TripAdvisor and USA Today, includes the two longest water coasters in the world, numerous family water slides, two wave pools, plus water activities for children. Both parks have been voted the World's Cleanest for more than a dozen years by the readers of Amusement Today magazine. In 2016, Guinness World Records certified Mammoth as the World's Longest Water Coaster and in 2013, TIME magazine named The Voyage the nation’s #1 wooden roller coaster. Live entertainment includes musical shows, a country band, high dive show, and Santa’s Storytime. Both parks offer guests free soft drinks, free parking, free inner tube usage, free sunscreen and free Wi-Fi. New for 2017! Firecracker is a classic Calypso ride, one of only a handful still in operation in North America.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was the first theme park in the US. This is a family run park and they truly take pride in what they have created. The matriarch of the family used to do the commercials and it wasn't unusual to see her cleaning in a restroom when you visited the park. It is always very clean. They offer free parking, free sunscreen, and free soft drinks. It's one price for both parks. The employees are extremely helpful and pleasant.

I first went there as a child many years ago when it was known as Santa Claus Land and have taken my children there as well. There are many more attractions than when I was young. The past several years, it seems that they add an attraction about every year.

They have 3 wooden roller coasters, The Raven, the Voyager, and the Legend which are all nationally ranked. There are thrilling rides for the teenagers and plenty of rides for the youngest in the family.

Splashin' Safari is an extremely popular water park. In 2013, USA Today declared it the best water park in the US. It has 2 of the longest water coasters, wave pools, lazy rivers, and many water slides.

There are fireworks every Friday night. They offer several shows, country, 80s, Santa's Storytime, etc. They have a nice campground just in case one day at the park isn't enough. There is even an 18 hole golf course nearby called Christmas Lake Golf Course.

It's really a wonderful place for family fun. I'm sure I left out some of the great features but you get the idea.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,152)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"food prices"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed 9 July 2014

It would be a crime if we didn't hit every park between point A and point B on a trip!I took my 10 and 11 year old to the park for the day. It was nice to not have to pay to park or to buy softdrinks as both were free. We thought the land portion was okay. The lines were long as there really weren't that many rides. The neat thing is that most of the land-side rides have free lockers where you get on the rides (The lockers are $10 on the waterpark side). We got pretty perturbed at the ride where you drive the cars around the track. After both children stood in the long line, they were not allowed to each drive a car. We had waited until the end of the day to drive the cars. It was the last thing we did and it certainly put a sour taste in my kid's mouth about the park. We enjoyed the water park but the lines were REALLY REALLY long.After most people left after four, it was still an hour to get on the Mammoth (which was great btw). The food was very reasonable for a park and actually pretty good. Overall, we would recommend that you go to the park. It was a nice surprise in the lower part of Indiana. We stayed in Jasper.

2  Thank ageinert
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We went expecting to split our time between the dry and wet rides. Once we got to the water park we did not want to leave. We rode all the rides once and many of them several times. Everyone in our family loved it! When we got hungry we decided to have a snack at the park and found that the food was delicious and reasonably priced. (We highly recommend the steak fries with bacon and cheese as well as the pretzels with cheese.) Also, the free drink machines are available throughout the park and are well stocked with a variety of cold drinks. Bathrooms and garbage cans are also very convenient throughout the park.

1  Thank Candy P
Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was by far the best theme park I've ever visited. Very clean, well maintained, and had plenty of ride options. You actually get two theme parks for the same price! Holiday World is the dry portion of the park which features the roller coasters such as: The Raven, The Legend, and The Voyage. All of which are wooden coasters, and in my opinion, way more fun than steel. Plus you get what I call the water portion of the park called Splashin' Safari, which is the best water park I've ever visited! Tons of rides, slides, and two water coasters! While you're at the park you get free soft drinks, free sunscreen, free use of tubes for the water rides, and free storage areas prior to getting on the rides to help prevent you from losing smaller items such as your phone or sunglasses. Every staff member I talked to was friendly, and very helpful, no matter which portion of the park I was in, and no matter what time of day it was, everyone was absolutely a pleasure to talk to. I can't wait to return to this park, and I've been putting in a good word about Holiday World with a lot of my friends and family. Thank you for all of your hard work!

1  Thank RacingFan14