“its big”
Review of 1935 Santa Statue

1935 Santa Statue
Ranked #8 of 17 things to do in Santa Claus
More attraction details
Owner description: The Historic 1935 Santa Statue is "dedicated to the children of the world." Standing 22-feet tall and weighing 40-tons, the Santa Statue just underwent a full-restoration, returning the iconic figure of Santa back to his original condition. The public is free to visit the statue during the day or when it is beautifully lit at night.
Kentucky
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“its big”
Reviewed 9 December 2012

we took alot of the picutes everybody should stop by and see the 1935 santa statue. you can see it from 145 you can not see it from the highway

Visited December 2012

Kentucky
171 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 217 helpful votes
“It's a statue....”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Um, not sure what else to say about it. It's a statue of Santa. Lots of nostalgia with it with the residents of Santa Claus, I imagine, but to me, I just took a few pictures and that was it. It is on the same property as the museum.

Visited September 2012
Monrovia, Indiana, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“statue”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

been there since i was a kid and still reminds me of my youth

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Phil N Milissa K
Ferdinand, Indiana
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Stunning at night!”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I don't usually get excited about statues, but this Santa statue is just stunning. The town must be so proud to have its original attraction restored so beautifully. A must-see year round.

St. Louis, MO
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“So Nice to See Santa Restored!”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I never expected to write a review of a statue, but it made me so happy to see it restored!

On our last trip through Santa Claus, IN I was able to see that the classic statue that seemed to be neglected for so long was finally getting some much needed attention.

I now see that it will join the just-moved old church, the just-moved old post office and the new Santa Claus museum, which should make a terriffic place to stop each time I'm in town.

Can't wait until summer to see it all complete!

Visited September 2011