“Best option in the area for breakfast” 4 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Hamilton, Ohio
“Best option in the area for breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

I am a seasoned traveler and have eaten a lot of places including many hotel breakfast buffets and I will tell you the truth about this one:

1. Price- $8.95 for adults $4.95 kids 4-12 includes drinks and they actually do have orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, and grape juice as well as milk. If you think this is expensive you have not traveled much.

2 . Staff- all staff was very friendly and helpful. We had a young dark hair guy waiter and he was excellent.

3. Restaurant- place was very clean and decorated nicely.

4. Food- buffet had biscuits and gravy, cinnamon french toast sticks, warm syrup, scambled eggs, sausage, crisp bacon, fruit cocktail, cereal including fruit loops, cheerios, and another I dont remember. all the food was hot and good and the bacon was very crisp and tasty. The only thing I wish they would add was maybe a fresh waffle station/maker and more fresh fruit would have been nice. Food was also replenised quickly.

The only other place to eat breakfast in the area is Subway. And I dont consider subway breakfast. Please note I only ate breakfast here no other meals.

All and all a great meal and we left full. They also have a bowl of stale biscuits you can take to feed the fish and turtles at the pond for free. The kids loved this and so did the fish and turtles.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mws813

Portland, Oregon
“Review of Restaurant Only”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

Let me say this - I love themed places. Restaurants, towns, you name it. If you're not into kitsch, then you may find this town themed of everything Christmas a little overwhelming. We only got to stop here for a day trip and ate at the Lodge's Restaurant for a quick lunch. My husband had a Reuben and he said it was very good. I had a grilled ham & cheese. Both sandwiches were piled very high with meat and everything tasted good. The service was wonderful. Our waitress (I can't remember your name, my dear but you were awesome) was so very cute and funny. She even helped us find a flower shop before we left town. Please let me tell you how much we appreciated your help. We didn't stay here but if we ever get the chance to go to Holiday World (maybe next time) then I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do so.

1 Thank ghostgal
Muncie, Indiana
“Had only breakfast buffet there”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

It was not what I would want on a buffet. No juice of any kind. No bread other than biscuits and gravy. Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fruit cocktail, some sort of dry cereal that I could not id--multicolored round things.

Visited June 2013
“Horrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

Horrible food. There is not much else that I can say. There are also very inaproppriate signs on the men's and women's bathrooms. The staff is friendly. The only reason that you should go here is because you are staying at the hotel and you are in need of convience.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jnotoras
Covington, Tennessee
“great food and service!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2013

They served us as much food as we wanted and we never walked away hungry!!
The food was very good and the service was very friendly!!
We felt right at home and the restaurant was very pretty and comfortable to eat in and to visit in!!! It was decorated very nice and magically and very clean!!!

Visited December 2012