“Sadly let down”

67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Sadly let down”
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had plans to go to Holiday World (AMAZING) and I was so excited when I saw this place online by it- Well, first off, there are no signs for it- we had to stop at the gas station to find it. We pulled up and were highly disappointed. The outside looks nothing really like you would expect...its so much smaller- not a castle at all, maybe a cabin.

We walked in and were saddened that it was so small. They have a wall of Pez Dispensers then some gift shop items and that is about it- VERY small- very few elf size tables if you want to sit-

We tried the frozen hot chocolate that everyone raves about- I don't know...to me, it just tasted like a chocolate shake.

Don't expect to be greeted or have polite service- the teenage girl was def. lacking any type of Holiday spirit- all she did was talk to the teenagers in front of us (who worked at Holiday World) about her plans that evening, etc-

You can def. skip this place....it has potential, but it is not being used.....

Visited July 2013
2 Thank vanillac2u

Indianapolis, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Try the Frozen Hot Chocolate”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We go every day we're there to get the Frozen Hot Chocolate. I think I'd drink it every day if possible. They also sell discount Holiday World tickets. If you go, get quarters prior to your arrival for the gumball machines.

Visited July 2013
Evansville, Indiana, United States
“A must visit!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our family camps nearby at Lincoln State Park every year, and we always visit the Castle at least twice on our trip!! The Frozen Hot Chocolates are a must have!! Check online for great deals for the whole family! And, if you are brave enough, try the Fire and Ice Challenge! A fun place to enjoy Christmas all year long!!

Naperville, Illinois
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Is this all there is?”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

This wasn't what I was expecting at all. There was only a half wall of overpriced Pez, two tubs of the same cotton candy I bought at Meijer the other day (only twice the price), and a few odds and ends plus the fudge and drinks. I was expecting a lot more candy. There was also a small room with books, and then a tiny room that I thought was where the machines go to die. I had no idea there was a computer to talk to an elf or anything of that sort because none of the machines were on. After reading other reviews, I kind of feel bad that my daughter missed out on that. Maybe if they had some sort of signage stating what the machines were for or how to use them, I would have made an effort to find an employee and ask about them. The one employee we saw was friendly, but we waited a while at the counter and almost walked away before someone came out of the back to wait on us. Unfortunately, this is just a regular tourist trap and not a candy store.

1 Thank msomnipotent
O'Fallon, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute place, unfriendly staff”
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We decided to make a weekend of or trip to Santa Claus IN and Holiday World. We arrived late afternoon and checked into our rental. Our first stop was the Santa's Candy Castle. I had read so much about it and was so excited to finally take my kids. The actual store is cute, but it was smaller than I had pictured. One of the items we read about said you could find out if you were on Santa's naughty or nice list. We entered a room with computers and said we needed a code. After a few minutes we decided to ask one of the cashiers. He snapped at us, saying "You buy them over here for $6." I was thinking, "Ok, sorry I asked!" At that point I was kind of ready to move on, but my oldest daughter wanted to try one of their many varieties of popcorn. She was having trouble deciding so I asked if they had samples. The cashier was not pleased and let me know it. I felt like her eyes were shooting daggers right through me. She was extremely unfriendly as well. The two cashiers that were working were both making rude comments to each other and just acting very odd. I have no idea if all the employees act like this or if we just came on a bad day. We quickly moved on to The Christmas Store in Kringle Place. EXCELLENT! If you only have time to visit one, make sure you stop there and skip the Santa Candy Castle. I might try stopping by again if we are in the area, but I will cross my fingers that they have new, friendlier, employees!

1 Thank Korstad5