“Small but neat quick stop”

Santa's Candy Castle
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Smaller than we expected but there were a few neat things to see. We got the "Famous Frozen Hot Chocolate" it was very good. Won't take long to visit here. Lots of Christmas books for kids. Popcorn and sweets.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

We had plans to go to Holiday World (AMAZING) and I was so excited when I saw this place online by it- Well, first off, there are no signs for it- we had to stop at the gas station to find it. We pulled up and were highly disappointed. The outside looks nothing really like you would expect...its so much smaller- not a castle at all, maybe a cabin.

We walked in and were saddened that it was so small. They have a wall of Pez Dispensers then some gift shop items and that is about it- VERY small- very few elf size tables if you want to sit-

We tried the frozen hot chocolate that everyone raves about- I don't know...to me, it just tasted like a chocolate shake.

Don't expect to be greeted or have polite service- the teenage girl was def. lacking any type of Holiday spirit- all she did was talk to the teenagers in front of us (who worked at Holiday World) about her plans that evening, etc-

You can def. skip this place....it has potential, but it is not being used.....

2  Thank vanillac2u
Reviewed 17 July 2013

We go every day we're there to get the Frozen Hot Chocolate. I think I'd drink it every day if possible. They also sell discount Holiday World tickets. If you go, get quarters prior to your arrival for the gumball machines.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Our family camps nearby at Lincoln State Park every year, and we always visit the Castle at least twice on our trip!! The Frozen Hot Chocolates are a must have!! Check online for great deals for the whole family! And, if you are brave enough, try the Fire and Ice Challenge! A fun place to enjoy Christmas all year long!!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

This wasn't what I was expecting at all. There was only a half wall of overpriced Pez, two tubs of the same cotton candy I bought at Meijer the other day (only twice the price), and a few odds and ends plus the fudge and drinks. I was expecting a lot more candy. There was also a small room with books, and then a tiny room that I thought was where the machines go to die. I had no idea there was a computer to talk to an elf or anything of that sort because none of the machines were on. After reading other reviews, I kind of feel bad that my daughter missed out on that. Maybe if they had some sort of signage stating what the machines were for or how to use them, I would have made an effort to find an employee and ask about them. The one employee we saw was friendly, but we waited a while at the counter and almost walked away before someone came out of the back to wait on us. Unfortunately, this is just a regular tourist trap and not a candy store.

1  Thank msomnipotent