“Not much candy”

Santa's Candy Castle
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Santa's Candy Castle wasn't what we expected. Not much candy! It was interesting and we made the best of it, but as a stand alone attraction...not much there. We did buy some candy while there. I did not care for the candy, but my son did...guess it is a matter of taste.

1  Thank ehugo99

Reviewed 23 September 2013

The name of the place is Santa's Candy Castle. Only the castle part is accurate. Wife and I walked in and out in 10 minutes. Would have taken less, but there were some people in the way.

They have very little candy and even less of it that pertains to Christmas. For example, we didn't see a single candy cane in the store. The main focus seems to be the fudge, popcorn and frozen hot chocolate at the front. One entire room has books in it. Even that was poorly done as the number of actual books could have fit in a much smaller space.

I'm not seeing the hype. We both shook our heads and felt they missed the boat with this. Then again, I read the reviews here and wonder what people are getting excited about. Perhaps I would have given this a better review had it been billed as a hot chocolate and popcorn castle. But, when you put candy and Santa in the title, I'm expecting Christmas candy and lots of it. Seriously, you will get a better selection of candy at your local K-mart -- both in quantity and in variety/uniqueness.

Nothing special here. Move on down the road.

2  Thank winpop
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Great selection on taffy, fudge and flavored popcorn! Very inexpensive. The frozen hot chocolate is GREAT!! They let me daughter make snow which she loved!! Great place :) will defiantly be back next year!!

2  Thank Mydusty711
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Santa's Candy Castle was neat, but not what I expected at all. The building is interesting looking on the outside, but I expected there would be more candy than what was there. They have things like Pez and other random things and gift items. They do have some homemade candy available to purchase, in which I bought some of their homemade caramel and I have to say that was amazing. I wish I would have tried their frozen hot chocolates, I have heard they really good. I would say definitely check this place out, but don't expect tons of candy.

1  Thank Cara U
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place was amazing!
Prices started at $1.
AMAZING frozen hot chocolate at a really good price! Bought one to share with my husband and had to get another one because he didn't want to share after just one taste...
Easy to find and great items inside. There is this circle room in the middle with child friendly computers so they can write a letter to Santa (I'm not entirely sure how this works because we didn't have any kids on this trip).
They had a lot of books and knick-knacks on clearance, too.
Highly recommend a visit!

1  Thank Sabrina C