“Top Notch!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Tracy, CA
“Top Notch!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My husband, daughter and I had to be in the south suburbs of Chicago for a week. We chose this hotel because it was the only one in area that offered a fully stocked kitchen, hot breakfast and was under $130 a night. It was in a safe area with lots of restaurants and stores in the area. The hotel itself was very clean, looked new, and was quiet. We had a studio suite. It had a king size bed and an L shaped sofa that part of it came out into a bed and still had part to sit on. It didn't have any bedding so we called the front desk and they promptly brought us some up, even thought it was after 10pm when we checked in. Everything in the room functioned excellently except the ice maker (it just didn't produce the amount of ice we needed)I loved having a full size refrigerator, sink with garbage disposal, and a dishwasher. All of the dishes, pots, and utensils came in really handy to make meals. I noticed outside that it did have a covered area with multiple grills, but we didn't use them. The breakfast was hot and ready every morning. It offered eggs and sausage every day we were there. It also had 2 waffle makers, fresh fruit, and yogurt. It also had all of the standard breads, bagels, cereals, juices, milk, and coffee. We didn't get a chance to make it to the evening reception that they have on weekdays. They also have a complimentary (free-no money needed) guest laundry which I did use. At the time only one washer and 2 dryers were working, but since it didn't bother me since no one else was using them. I had brought my own detergent, but they do have some for sale at the front desk. There was free wifi in the rooms. We had to login every time with the password. For some reason my daughter had problems logging in with her iphone. The front desk told her that they let the tech know about it and others had had the same problem. All of the staff we talked to was super friendly.

Room Tip: We chose the smallest type room which is a studio suite and it was roomy, so I would suggest any roo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Chris M, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Schererville, responded to this review, 8 October 2014
momofbksk,

It is great to hear that enjoyed your stay with us. We have all the amenities to make an extended stay feel like home. We would like to thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again when you are in the Chicagoland area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed 20 July 2014

This hotel is very nice...for now. I will come back to that in just a moment. However, first the "very nice" part.

Everything is still pretty new. In fact, it even still smells new in the hallway! The rooms are in great shape. The beds are comfy (awesome pillows!). The appliances are the kind of new that make you wish that your microwave at home was that quiet! They have an awesome little Theater Room with cinema recliners (joined with cupholders) and a newer selection of DVDs (about 25-30) mixed in are a few classics with a larger flatscreen. Combo that with the bag of popcorn in your room and you are in business! Their pool was nice and warm and not too deep that my 3 year old and I couldn't swim around together...awesome family memories there.

Their breakfast was relatively expansive with surprisingly awesome eggs and sausage. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. And overall we really enjoyed our stay.

Here comes the "for now" part I said we would get back to. This hotel is showing signs of possibly heading into a slide. A downhill one. The bathroom was relatively dirty upon check in. Dirty to the point of cleaning the toilet seat ourselves and placing two pieces of our linen on the floor due to being riddled with strands of black hair. Hair sucks...unless it is on top of your head...you usually aren't excited to see it show up. Especially in the area where you brush your teeth, wash your face, and dry your hands. There is dust...literally...building up in the cabinets and on the furniture. The pans show signs of being pulled straight from the dishwasher and thrown in the cabinet.

This could be a one room thing. Again, I gave it a 4 and will absolutely give it another shot. I am just worried because this could have been our monthly go to spot when we come to Chicago and I fear that not enough effort is being put into keeping this beautiful and modern hotel in show room condition.

Nothing worse than getting into a brand new car that is trashed on the inside.

Thanks for an awesome stay...but please throw a little more effort into keeping it nice so that we can continue to have awesome stays for years to come.

Room Tip: Bring your own wifi. When they are full, the signal is weak and choppy. Made it hard to watch Hulu s...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
PerroDiabolico,

I want to start off by apologizing about the cleanliness issues you had. We have worked out the kinks in our housekeeping department and pride ourselves in the cleanliness of our hotel. I am glad you had the chance to utilize most of our amenities, and enjoyed them. Our team looks forward to having you back when you visit the area again.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The sole reason I booked this hotel was because the picture of their pool on hotels.com showed they had a hot tub. Upon arrival we found out there is no hot tub at all. In fact, the pool pictures on hotels.com are of two different pools. Neither of them is of the actual hotel pool. I am recovering from a back injury and was really looking forward to using the hot tub. The phones in our room didn't work, which led to the Spanish Inquisition when I had to call the front desk from my cell phone to get the wifi code. The handicap lift for the pool only goes up and down, so my mother in-law could not use the pool. I noticed fuzzy mold growing on the ceiling in the women's lobby bathroom. Missing handles and sloppy detail finishes in our room. Hopefully they will work these issues out, as management and staff were very friendly with greetings and the breakfast was better than most hotel continentals.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Schererville, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear HoosierMom,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a detailed review. I am deeply sorry you found our hotel less than satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve. I am pleased you mentioned our friendly staff services.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was such a great new find here. I have to stay out here for work and I love the fully stocked kitchen with fridge/freezer, pots, pans, utensils, and dishware, even a dishwasher. They have a common grill and patio area. The one bedroom suite is nice, makes you feel home away from home. The staff is very helpful, even help me set up my apple tv when it wouldn't connect to their wifi right away! Stay here and you will be pleased.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Hena A
Hena A,

Thank you for the great feedback. It is wonderful to hear we met you expectations. We look forward to seeing you whenever you make it back to Schererville.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
Holiday Inn Express Schereville North
Best Western Crossroads Inn
Best Western Crossroads Inn
#5 of 6 in Schererville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Best Western Inn & Suites Of Merrillville
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster

Been to Staybridge Suites Schererville? Share your experiences!