“Awesome!”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Schererville
Steger, Illinois
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed here for our Anniversary in March 2012. I was impressed with everything. Check-in was good and didn't expect the goodie bag which was nice. The room was clean and I love the modern contemporary style. We had a king leisure room and it was so spacious. The bed was very comfortable. We didn't eat the continental breakfast but they did have a nice variety. Even though the place was very busy but it was still quite. I already booked a return stay here and for Galesburg based on my stay here. Hope it is just as nice.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank texasgw24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Chattanooga
Reviewed 11 April 2012

I stayed here on business and everything was perfect. It's close to restaurants too.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank mikeyward
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Stayed here for one night in February 2012. Check in was quick. No problems. Room was clean, spacious and nicely furnished. Clean, bright, updated room/bathroom. Liked the high counters in bathroom. We were on the second floor near the elevators so the noise level at times during the evening/night was a bit disturbing but other than that it was fine. Bed was fabulous! Breakfast was good... lots of variety. Large, comfortable place to eat. Parking lot was clean and brightly lit... back, front and side. Would not hesitate to stay here again. And thank you to the management there... they offered us a military discount. We appreciate the gesture.

Room Tip: If possible try to get a room away from the elevators. Besides that... the rooms are really nice!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ontheroad0809
Ohio
Reviewed 13 March 2012

I will start off by saying the staff was friendly, (can't remember the woman's name) but check in was a breeze. She was polite and and accurate. Upon getting to our room, we notice right away that it smelled musty and almost like it had been smoked in which was odd since this is a 100% smoke free hotel. We debated changing rooms but were tired from traveling that we decided not to bother with it. I will say that besides the smell, the room was nice sized and clean. The beds were very comfortable but the real problem seemed to be the noise. We stayed here after a trip to the cassino for a concert in Hammond and returned later that night only to go to bed and be woke up by people running and screaming loudly through the halls. Once was fine but it continued through out the night. The walls had to have been paper thin because we could hear people constantly talking out in the hall ways, hear the showers, etc. It made it slightly hard to get a good nights sleep. We made it down right before breakfast ended and it wasn't bad. Included your basics, (eggs, beagles, cereal, eggs, yogurt). I've stayed at other Holiday Inn's but I had to give this one an average rating. It could have been worse but for one night, it was fine even though I expected a little more.

Room Tip: Located 30-40 mins from the Horseshoe Cassino in Hammond.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express Schereville North, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear Citylove09,

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your concerns via Tripadvisor. I apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced.

I am glad to hear you did enjoy your stay in our hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had been disturbed by the noise, I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. Your business is valued and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG properties.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Kentuckiana
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The reviews here had me on the lookout for poor customer service. I really just steered clear of the front desk after check-in. Why look for trouble? Room was nice. Got as good night's sleep as I ever do when traveling. Breakfast was sufficient, gave me the chance to stretch out my morning a bit & not have to go running around or spending more money.
Here's the problem. Two days after staying, I started to notice red, itchy bumps on my torso, back, arms. I did some googling & found pictures of bed bug bites & well . . . looks like my luck ran out.
It's time for the government to let our public places use whatever they need to for our protection. This is ridiculous.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 26 January 2012

We only stayed one night but had a great time. The room was beautiful and comparable to the Hyatt Regency that I recently stayed at downtown Chicago, only when you looked out of the window you remembered that you were in the suburbs. The free WIFI, free parking, fridge/microwave in the room, better pool & hot tub, bigger television channel selection and free breakfast buffet made it cooler than the Hyatt Regency. The quality was the same in both places (i.e. granite counter tops, down feather comforters that are washed daily). It's walking distance to a lot of cool restaurants and shopping centers too!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NikkiN55
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 1 January 2012

The hotel was great, the breakfast very good, and the vast majority of the staff was helpful and had smiles on their faces. Even the maintenance guy was apologetic about the bubbles not working in the hot tub. One glitch for me and anyone who makes online reservations, they had problems with getting the reservations on their system. Therefore I had to wait 40 minutes to check-in, which wouldn't have been so bad but when you add Jill's pouty face to the mix along with somehow making me feel it was my fault, it gets thing off on the wrong foot. Finally I asked her if there was something she could do to make this a little more pleasant for me. Thankfully she generated rooms keys so my husband could take the kids to swim. Then the same thing happened to the people behind me.

Room Tip: Our room was right near the elevator so a little loud.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Schererville
Hampton Inn & Suites Schererville
#5 of 6 in Schererville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Munster
Hampton Inn and Suites Munster
Hampton Inn & Suites Hammond

Been to Holiday Inn Express Schereville North? Share your experiences!