“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mariann Travel Inn

Mariann Travel Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Room left much to be desired. Sheets n towels had stains. One light didn't work, another was completely broken and a fire hazard. There was a stench in the room and there was only 2 pieces if bread and 3 apples available for breakfast. However, the pool area was a huge hit.... Very nice. Can't complain when it was the only available room in the area and only paid $60. Get what u pay for...

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 925dianen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

This is an older motel (where the rooms all have a separate entrance from outside). The outdoor pool is nice, and the rates are a bargain. It looks like the owners are trying to spruce it up, but the building has a few major flaws, most importantly the room door isn't the least bit soundproof. Also, our room was supposed to non-smoking, but it smelled strongly of cigarette smoke.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Scottsburg hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

front desk super-gave me the room I asked for so I could keep a eye on my Harley.
Have stayed there many times on my bike trip back to Milwaukee from SCarolina.
Price was right an room was fine. WIFI worked great an was already logged in from
prior stays. Cleaning ladies were very nice an very co-operative.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bologna, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

I, like the other reviewers that had negative experiences here, cannot comprehend the good reviews. I was taking a road trip with my family and we had to stop to get some sleep and take showers. When we got to the room, I immediately figured out that the shower would not be happening. This is a very dirty, dated facility. There was hair on my pillow, cigarette ashes on the toilet, various kinds of hair, (animal & human) all over the bathroom floor, stains on the sheets and a scary tub. I was happy when we arrived as they had a room and took pets. It's also very reasonable but my pleasure stopped immediately when I saw the room. I know that this is a small, non-franchise business and would be happy to recommend an independent operator, but really, they need invest in some new bedding, fixtures etc., I don't think they've updated a thing in the last 40 years. We saw the cleaning lady and the room she was working out of and it looked like a filthy, dirty garage. I'm sorry but can't recommend this facility. It was truly a disgusting experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Richland, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Due to large events in Louisville, there were NO rooms available South or North of the city. I had been driving for many hours and needed to get my family off the road. The night clerk was friendly and efficient. I was grateful when they had space UNTIL we got into the room. HEAVY smell of smoke, dirt, debris, and even dead bugs around bed frames and edges of floor, the shelf beneath the night stand was covered in dust and dirt, even hair on the bathroom floor!!! Yuck. I went to call the desk and the phone was out of order. I was going to walk to the office to request a room change, but my 7 year old had passed out on the bed. Thankfully we had already stripped the bed cover off.

To combat the smell, we left the door open for a while, then cranked up the AC. No help. I left a light on in the room to discourage anything that might be hiding. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep. My wife refused to take a shower given the shape of the bathroom.

The following morning I told the desk clerk that the room was in serious need of cleaning. She smiled and said, "Well, thank you - have a nice day". I got the impression it wouldn't come up in the morning staff meeting. :)

I would recommend they tell guests about the smoke smell prior to renting the room. I would recommend you go nearly anywhere else first, and inspect the room if no other options are available. I am now home washing everything we brought into that room. Never Again!!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank familytraveler332
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Familytraveler - I apologize for your experience. Rest assured that our house keeping staff will discuss the room condition you experienced. This is not our normal operation and you should have been notified that the room had been a smoking room in the past.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Good for the price and was half the cost of hotels not far from Louisville. Rooms need some attention for future useage, but would stay again. Coffee pots need replaced, and baseboard would hide the wallpaper peeling.

• Stayed April 2014
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
Lxnitrous - Thank you for your comments about our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We are working on upgrading our property and look forward to serving you again in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I can see why this place has good reviews....I trust trip advisor reviews and some times they have let me down, but not this time. Ok let me get down to the specifics. The service is probably some of the friendliest you'll come across and the king size bed I slept in was really really comfortable...The reason I didn't give and excellent is because the room did smell a little stale and the carpet could use some cleaning. I would still stay again though.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NateB4
Jim J, Owner at Mariann Travel Inn, responded to this review, 13 April 2014
NateB4 - Thank you for your comments about our Mariann Travel Inn in Scottsburg IN. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsburg
Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg
#2 of 4 in Sellersburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 10 in Seymour

Been to Mariann Travel Inn? Share your experiences!