“Room was just OK...staff was great!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sellersburg
Reviewed 18 June 2013

We stopped into this hotel while traveling. The hotel was clean, but showing wear. We noticed some stains on the carpets in the hallway and other basic signs of age. The bed was comfortable and we slept well. The room was quiet. We arrived late and were one of the last to check out in the morning. We slept through all the other guests leaving. Overall, the hotel was below the quality I expected from a Comfort Inn.

The one bright spot of this hotel is the staff. We came down to get breakfast at 9:30 am to realize breakfast ended at 9:00am. The front desk clerk went out of her way to greet us and offer to brew us some coffee, even though breakfast was over! She could have just as easily sent us away because breakfast was over.

Though my overall rating of the hotel is poor, the attentive staff made me bring my rating up to average. Not my first choice of a hotel, but I would stay here again if I just needed a place to sleep while on the road.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
comfortinn47172, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2013

I Want to thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay at our hotel was. We value all of our guests and their satisfaction is our number one concern. We are working everyday to improve the quality of our hotel and our staff. By guests giving feed back this is how we know what we need to work on and improve. Once again, we appreciate you choosing our hotel to serve you and you taking the time to let us know how your stay was and we will use this to improve and we hope that the next time you come to Sellersburg you decide to stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Plain and simple - don't stay here. The rooms are decent, but the management has poor character. I was smart enough to book a room 51 weeks in advance for this year's Kentucky Derby. It was a great rate. Made the mistake of having it at a 1-person room...granted it is a double-queen. Ooops. My bad. Still, the published rate for 1 or 2 people is THE SAME. So...I stayed in the room and when my buddy showed up, I wasn't at the room. I had put his name on the room. The owner wouldn't give him a key and decided to charge an extra $33 per person, per night. He went on to say, "How many people are you putting in this room, you already have an unbelievable rate because you reserved a year in advance." Basically, he was upset that he wasn't smart enough to figure out the reservation system, so he was going to extort extra money out of me. Well, it cost me $66 to get that room key, but it is to everyone's benefit who sees reviews. The management in this place is not trustworthy. They shouldn't be a Choice Hotels property. I have filed a formal complaint and hopefully they will be delisted.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Extortionists when you really need a room!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank EclipseSportswire
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I would rate the room as okay but the staff is terrible nasty. The night employee did not charge for our pet. The employee also did not inform us we had to sign a pet agreement, stay in a certain room & stay away from the front lobby with our tiny dog. The next morning, we figure he was the manager, got nasty with us for staying in a non-pet room. He showed us a paper showing what rooms we should have stayed in with our pet. He informed us we should have known the rules for pets. I asked how if the employee didn't instruct us. He said he didn't believe us. The man pointed to a paper on the wall next to the front doors. Sorry but I was tired & walked right past that sign. My husband said it's our job to pay the bill, not train the employees. We agreed to pay the pet fee, that was not a problem but he would not give us a print out of our bill. We left the hotel with a bad feeling about this man & his hotel. I hope all Comfort Inns aren't like this one. We won't be staying at this hotel again & I recommend you don't either.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank k w

I want to thank you for taking time to let us know how your stay at our hotel was. I'm really sorry about the incident you encountered at our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and use them to improve our hotel and staff. This should have not happened and please accept our sincerest apologies! Yes that is our pet policy and the front desk employee should have informed you of this when you checked in. Once again, thank you for taking time to comment and we do appologize and hope that the next time you come to Sellersburg you will stay with us again, we do appreciate your business.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

After staying at a few really great Comfort Inns on our trip it had to happen and we stayed a terrible one. As soon as we started to walk down the hall to the elevator and saw the dirty carpet I realized this was not like the others. The room seemed okay but when I went into bathroom the paint was off the wall and partial repaired. We got there late and slept skipped their breakfast and headed out. An email to Corp Office resulted in no response regarding this location. The Comfort Inn in Jeffersonville IN, three miles away , was fill when I called 800 number from the road to make a reservation and that should have been a clue. Never again at Sellersburg IN for us.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank randy f
comfortinn47172, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2013

I wanted to let you know that I appreciate you taking the time to give a review even if it's not one we like to get. I'm really sorry you didn't enjoy your stay at our hotel. We realize that there are some things that we need to update and repair at our hotel, and we are in the process of doing so. We take our guest comments very serious because they let us know where we need to improve and how we can make our guests stay more enjoyable. I would like to earn your business back, and show you that we do care about our guests and we are improving our hotel. If you come through Sellersburg again we would be delighted if you gave us a chance to change your mind about our hotel.
Thank You and Have A Great Day!!!
Melanie Meadows(Front Desk Manager)
and Mahesh Bhatt (General Manager)

Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

The bed, TV, fridge, and microwave ok. The desk area needs much improvement. No plug near for powering laptop. Desk size is good, but could use more lighting for PM desk work. Shower head could by better. Lights around the bed could be lower, so as not to bade to stretch for on off functions.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Good value for the money. Hotel was clean and comfortable including common areas. My room was clean and everything was very functional. Breakfast was a bit skimpy, but still a good value. I would stay again next time I'm conduction business in the area.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Bathroom appeared to have been re-done several time a with paint peeling away in big chunks. Room decor was some 30 years out of date, with windows that looked as if they had not been washed with a clean cloth in some years. The beds were ok at best, but only because we were extremely tired. Area for washing your face was dimly lit with few areas to plug in cords for phones or hair dryers. It smelled as if it had just recently been converted from a smoking or semi-smoking establishment to a non-smoking one.....the smells were very prevalent throughout the entire place. I would not stay there again if given the opportunity.....it seems as if the quality of Comfort Inns has definitely gone down hill. One other thing....if you do stay here, be sure and as for a detailed bill...they put a Safe Warranty charge on you bill....unreal.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sellersburg
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
East Louisville
Drury Inn & Suites Louisville North

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!