“A waste of a good building”

Days Inn & Suites Sellersburg
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sellersburg
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“A waste of a good building”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

The building is nice and the hotel has (maybe had) the potencial to be a great place to stay for a few days,however it has not been maintained very well and it appears that nobody seems to care. The room have a musty odor to them and are not overly clean. The TV screen had a dark image on it and it was nearly impossible to watch anything because we couldn't see a clear picture. The breakfast was a joke. The beds were the springy type and anytime my wife moved the whole bed would bounce. I would prefer to pay a little more and feel more comfortable on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2012

My wife,son and I stayed 4 nights here recently and I will echo Dragonfly9702's review.

No blanket on very low quality King size bed only unfitted sheets that wouldn't stay on and the typical bed cover that I NEVER leave on a bed in a motel. Yard sale type furniture. The carpet was disgusting and we had to put down a picnic blanket for our 1 year old to crawl on so his hands and knees would not get completely black. Towels were changed but no other service was done to room. Breakfast was 3 different dry cereals, coffee, and gallon containers of Walmart OJ and milk in the fridge all served in a storage room @ 8x6. Office manned from 8-5 only and they don't answer the phone. No ice machine. Garbage and bags of linens left in hallways for days.

The positives. Good size room. Nice kitchenette that is stocked with basic dishes & utensils including a coffee maker. Free high speed internet that was easy to connect. I did like having ice trays but an ice machine is really a must in a hotel. The price...The only reason we stayed was the very low corporate rate that we got, much less than posted by others here. If I was paying $60 or more I would have asked for a refund after 1st night and left. They are owned by the Ramada owners and would probably be better to have guests cross the parking lot for a real continental breakfast as they had fresh waffles, fruit, and various other pastries and etc.

We will not stay again however as other properties with better amenities can be found for especially for $60/night. It is a shame because it is in a great location for access to Louisville and Southern IN.

Room Tip: Look somewhere else.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AWI2012
HomeLodgeMike, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Sellersburg, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
I do apologize your stay was was less than satisfactory. I have taken up the issue of the blanket and bed sheets with housekeeping. We are taking care care of the carpet issues at this time. Being a extended stay hotel our accomodations will somewhat different from a regular hotel, which means you still get great service, but you just get a different type of service. Again, I am addressing all of your issues and I hope you stop back in again when you are in the area.

Travellers are raving about these Sellersburg hotels

New Holland, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed at this hotel while on vacation with my husband and 2 young children (4 and 1). We wanted to stay in a extended stay hotel so that we wouldn't have to eat out for every meal. And also have a separate bedroom for my husband and I so we could stay up later than the kids. The location of this hotel was nice as we were actually attending an event in Sellersburg during our stay and we were within walking distance of our event (less than a mile walking). And it's also a short distance to Louisville so that we could easily do some of the touristy stuff across the river. So location was great, room(s) size perfect, kitchenette adequate, quietness great, and feeling of safety was acceptable. That is all that was good. Onto the bad.

First, we had to go across the parking lot to the other hotel to check-in. That wasn't too big of deal, it was 5 minutes out of my entire vacation to cross a small parking lot in order to get my room card, I didn't care either way although other reviewers saw this as a big negative. Upon check-in, we asked for a crib for my son, which we got within 15 minutes of getting to our room, which was nice. We also asked for extra towels as there were only 3 sets and there are 4 of us. We were told we'd get them the next morning, no biggie. The next morning as we were leaving for the day, we saw a cleaning person outside our room and I mentioned our request for extra towels, we were told no problem. When we came back that evening, we did not have any extra sets of towels and never got any the rest of the trip.

Second, I don't think our room was ever cleaned. The first night, our kids were eating crackers and some got spilled on the floor and then stepped on (typical with toddlers). We cleaned them up the best we could except for the little crumbs. The rest of the week, those crumbs were still there, they were never vacuumed up and throughout the week, I noticed more dirt/crumb/lint accumulation on the carpet that would be there every evening after our room was supposedly cleaned. Something I really notice since my 1 year old is still crawling and likes to pick things up. Also, my 1 year old's hands and knees would get all black very quickly crawling around on the carpet, which tells me the carpets have not had a deep cleaning in years, if ever. Very gross!! We stayed at 2 other hotels during our travels for this trip and he did not get dirty at all crawling on carpets in either of the other places. We are also the type to pick up our own stuff before going out for the day so that the person who comes in to clean isn't having to work around our stuff, so the floors were cleared to allow for vacuuming. Also, the whole week we were there, the stairs we'd take to our room on the 2nd floor (no elevator for anyone who needs one), there was trash in the stairwell and it was there the entire time we stayed there. Again, shows that they do no do any cleaning. Also, the one day when we were coming back, I noticed popcorn seeds on the steps. Then when I walked into our room, there were seeds on the floor of our kitchen. Made me wonder if the cleaning person was having a snack and spilled some seeds on our floor. Showed that they didn't vacuum.

Third, one of the evenings we returned to our room, our bed had not been made. While I don't expect clean sheets every single day, they can't take 2 seconds to make the bed? I can do it myself, it's just one of those things that hotels typically do for you. I'm on vacation, so skipping making the bed is just one of those things that is nice. A couple other evenings when we returned, our trash can's had not been emptied either. And they were completely full to the top. Made me wonder if anyone came into our room. They must have as our towels would be folded, but that was about the only consistent part during the week. They must have spent less than 5 minutes in the room: replace towels, sometimes make the bed and sometimes empty trash, nothing else.

Fourth, the toiletries in the bathroom were never replenished. I don't need new toiletries every single day but when you stay in a hotel for a week, most of those small toiletries only last a few days. I'm used to hotels putting new ones out when any of them have been used and if I run out of any, I have a fresh supply there to use. Also, I emptied the tissue box the 2nd day there and never got a new tissue box. The old box was removed, but a new one was never put in the bathroom, so I ended up having to use toilet paper when I needed a tissue.

Fifth, there was no ice machine in the building. The frig in the room had a freezer with ice cube trays, but I don't think the freezer has ever cleaned or aired out. It stunk of freezer burn and I tried making ice cubes, but they tasted freezer burnt too and made my drinks taste gross. Instead, I walked over to the other hotel and got ice from their ice machine in the lobby.

Lastly, there is no hair dryer in the bathroom. I usually like to bring my own, but realized I had forgotten mine and figured no big deal because they are typically standard in a hotel. Not this one!! I was surprised and disappointed as I always use a hair dryer since my hair takes a long time to air dry on it's own. Thankfully it was summer time and a hot week so I was able to go without one, but if it had been winter, I would have had to go out and buy a hair dryer.

After my experience I would never consider staying at this hotel ever again nor would I recommend it to anyone. There were plenty of other hotels around the same price in the area that I'm sure are much better. The hotels here aren't that expensive (unless it's Derby week I guess) so I'm sure there are much, much nicer places for about the same price.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dragonfly9702
First let me say how sorry I am that your stay we us was less than satisfactory. We strive to give all our guest the best service we can, however sometimes some things are overlooked. I do apologize that your room was not serviced properly. I have brought these issues to the housekeepers attention to make them aware of the unacceptable customer service at our hotel. As for some of the other issues you had, please understand we are a extended stay hotel and our services here are somewhat different than a regular hotel. The amenities are not the same, the cleaning service is done differently, however we are in the process of upgrading somethings in the hotel. I understand this does not help you now, but again I do what to say I am very sorry about you experenice here, and I do hope you do come back and stay with us if you are back in the area.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

This motel was as described here - clean, sparse, adequate for a stay. For $60 a night, to have a kitchenette was a good deal. FYI - our GPS does not list this address for the Home Stay but for the Ramada on the same property which is where the main desk is.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank wanderlass
Indianapolis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2009

Had business in Louisville and this hotel was close. Great hotel....clean, soft sheets and towels. All the staff bent over backwards to help. the ONLY complaint I had with this hotel was the bathroom....needs a hook on the door to hang clothes and there is only a small sink with no area to set anything on....no place to set hairdryer, hairspray, etc.....it at least needs a small table beside sink area or a shelf....so where to lay clothes except toilet...uck...... Great fridge, cooking area.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Campandrew
maumee, oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

I almost don't want to recommend this hotel for the Derby because I don't want them to jack up their rates, but the hotel was clean as can be and our room was large enough for at least four. I would not want to be the one that had to sleep on the sleeper sofa as it was garage sale old, but a blow up mattress would probably help. We had a separate bedroom and a kitchenette, which saved on breakfast $$. It is close enough to Louisville that we could drive down the night before the race (15 minutes) and party. The only downside that I could see is that there is not one picture on any wall and not one amenity, so bring your own stuff. Also, avoid the close by Mexican joint if you like margaritas-theirs stink!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank wendyrs
Madison, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2009

Stayed here for $139/night during Derby weekend. Great hotel and location is perfect...only a 10 minute drive to Louisville. Free breakfast that included fruits, pastries, etc. Only complaint would be the smell of the room...which will vary from room to room! Overall, a good choice for anyone on a budget. We even got a free derby souvenir glass with the room and free newspapers both mornings.

Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toby S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sellersburg
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Charlestown
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville
BEST WESTERN Green Tree Inn
BEST WESTERN Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sellersburg? Share your experiences!