“Amazing”

Days Inn & Suites Sellersburg
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sellersburg
“Amazing”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Elizabeth was so cool and nice room was great for the price definitely will be back deaf a good place to relax and get away I loved this place calm quiet and in a great spot walking distance to food places like cracker barrell

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CaptainIrelandD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Phelps, New York
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My husband booked & prepaid for 2 rooms for 2 nights at the Home Lodge in Sellersburg, IN via Expedia. The hotel ended up overbooking the two rooms the 2nd night, so my husband and his friends were only able to stay 1 night. To date, the hotel has refused to refund the price of the 2 rooms for the 2nd night, as the manager (Damien) initially said that Expedia cancelled the reservation for the 2nd night. Damien said he told Expedia, when they were cancelling the reservation, that if he was able to book the rooms he would provide my husband and his friends with a refund. Damien went onto say that Expedia was difficult to deal with and that it would be unlikely I would obtain a refund. So when I asked Damien why my husband and his friends were not provided with a refund since the desk clerk told them the hotel was entirely booked that night, Damien said they had 3 rooms available. I said, “if that was the case then why wasn’t my husband and his friends provided with two of those rooms, especially since my husband provided the desk clerk with the confirmation showing he had paid for 2 rooms for 2 nights.” At that point, Damien said he would approve a refund. In either situation, the fault clearly lies with the hotel. However, when Expedia called Damien to process the refund, within 10 minutes of my telephone conversation with him, Damien refused to do so. Also, Expedia confirmed they did NOT cancel any night of the reservation and that their system still showed the booking for two nights. Expedia also said that if Damien approved the refund it could easily be processed. While Expedia has not been able to resolve this issue, they certainly have not been difficult to deal with. So, not only was I lied to by the manager at least twice, but to date my husband and his friends have still not been provided with a refund for the 2 rooms for the 2nd night. I am still pursuing this issue and am hoping to get a refund, but wanted to share this very unsatisfactory experience, so others are aware of how the manager (Damien) of the Home Lodge in Sellersburg, IN handles such situations.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank TJ R

Travellers are raving about these Sellersburg hotels

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We were very impressed with our stay at Home Lodge in Sellersburg, Indiana. Conveniently located behind the Cracker Barrel restaurant, Home Lodge offers clean, comfortable rooms, a light continental breakfast with hot coffee and juice and very competitive rates. We were also very impressed with the attentiveness of the hotel manager, Elizabeth, who is there seven (7) days a week and makes sure that each and every guest is happy and has what they need for a comfortable stay at Home Lodge. We will definitely return there on future visits and recommend Home Lodge to others staying in the Sellersburg area!

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs and the competent staff will direct you to your best value!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Was great for the money. Booked on priceline. A king bed with kitchenette was only 30.00 a night on special. Pet friendly for only 25.00 a night or by week. Room was clean and had no problems checking in. Would highly recommend.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tiffany N
Salem, Indiana
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I had to stay in town during a snowstorm that stranded me, my sister and my daughter away from our home. In short notice we found the Home Lodge. Now usually on such short notice the places we end up at are iffy at best and we end up having to find somewhere else by the second or third night. However, the Home Lodge made ever possible accommodation available to make sure our stay was the most pleasant one. I would highly recommend them to anyone needing to stay close to the New Albany/Clarksville/Jeffersonville areas because this place is the nicest for this price in this region of Southern Indiana. It's a cozy room and they even provided amenities such as ice trays, ice, dishes, a toaster, a microwave, and even dish soap. Things like this are never thought to be packed and often are not provided at this price! It was all together the perfect home away from home. I hope to have another reason to visit this lodge again. :)

Room Tip: Higher floors are exceptionally warm (heat rises and cold falls) so if you like rooms on the cooler...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Isabella P
kentucky
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My wife and I usually stay here twice a year for convention. Our last stay was just that. We always request a room with a cooktop, because we stay here for almost a week. Calling a month ahead of time, I thought everything would be fine. Upon arrival (after 10:00pm) I learn that is not the case. We were charged differently from what we were told on the phone. Our room had no cooktop and we could not switch rooms until morn, so we had to sort through our stuff to get the essentials. Then unpack the next day. The management of this hotel seemed pretty inderferent to our issues, so we will spend our hard earned money elsewhere.
If you can tolerate the management, it is still a clean inexpensive place for extended stays.

• Stayed March 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I stayed in room 106 Saturday night. I was basically very happy with my room. The only problem I had was I could not get the shower to work. Everything else was good. I had clean towels and washcloths, soap and shampoo, plenty of pillows, clean sheets and blanket.

Ladonna Cooper
Nashville, TN

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sellersburg
Ramada Sellersburg/Louisville North
Cobblestone Hotel and Suites Charlestown
Best Western Green Tree Inn
Best Western Green Tree Inn
#1 of 7 in Clarksville
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Clarksville
Candlewood Suites Louisville North
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Louisville North

Been to Days Inn & Suites Sellersburg? Share your experiences!