“Big taste small place”

Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Seymour
Seymour, Indiana
“Big taste small place”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I couldn't believe the prices so cheap. The food is great and seems to be homemade. I know the desserts are.

Visited June 2014

Seymour
“The best blue plate lunch you can find in Seymour”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

If you are looking for a fancy lunch café don't come here but if you are looking for a good "down to earth" home cooked meal, then this is your place. They serve daily specials ( ie: homemade chicken and noodles, mashed potatoes, another side for under $6 per plate) for lunch and prices are good also. You can also order from the menu of sandwiches and salads, etc Good breakfast menu also, biscuits and gravy and potatoes are yummy. Homemade pies are wonderful too. Quick service but they don't accept credit or debit cards, cash or check. Waitresses know all their regular clients by name and take very good care of them.

• Visited January 2014
North Vernon, Indiana
“Has gone down hill!”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The last two times I have been disappointed. This use to be a great place to eat; however, I do not think I will return. The food has been barely warm and very lacking in taste. I use to really enjoy this place, so this is a hard review to write.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank TandT47265
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“road trip with 80 year olds”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Driving my parents down to southern In and stopped for lunch at the Town House Cafe in Seymour, IN. I knew they would like the hometown feel and no nonsense menu. They did and surprisingly I did as well. It was Friday so I tried the fish. It was fried whitefish and the batter was delicious, the fish not greasy but light and flaky. I had to have the mac and cheese as a side and it was yummy. The ice tea was wonderfully refreshing. We all had pie. custard, peach and rhubarb. I tasted two out of the three(no way am I trying rhubarb) and they were delicious. Our server was very friendly and efficient. Our glasses were never empty and a dirty plate was whisked away immediately. Nothing fancy about the decor but the food is excellent and service great! Cash only but the prices are so reasonable this really isn't a problem.

• Visited July 2013
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
“Excellent for what they do”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

While in town for a conference, I ate at Town House based on Tripadvisor reviews and my hatred for chains. The special was chicken fried steak, green beans, slaw and a roll for $6.50! With my excellent chocolate pie and drink, my total was $11. I ate at the counter, the service was good, and the food came quickly. The food was good for a diner like this, and the slaw and pie were excellent. I was here about 6pm, and about half the tables were in use, and everyone seemed to know each other. Town House is about 3 miles off I-65 in downtown, but if you want to skip the chains, well worth the extra few minutes drive. Take cash, no credit or debit. Did I mention that the pie was excellent?

• Visited April 2013