“Reasonable Accommodations At A Great Price”
Review of Days Inn Seymour

Days Inn Seymour
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Reviewed 23 April 2011

Gas prices are making travel more difficult to afford. One way to keep travel costs affordable if you just need somewhere to sleep for the night and then be on your way is to spend less on lodging - the difference in price can pay for a tank of gas. The problem is finding an acceptable place to stay because some of the low cost accommodations are not desirable. I travel every week and stay in hotel rooms over 50 nights a year. I have stayed at this Days Inn at least five or six times in the past 18 months. It has the basics needed for an overnight stay - a comfortable bed with clean sheets, hot shower, free internet that is fast and reliable, as well as a refrigerator and microwave in the room, which can also save you money on food. This Days Inn does need maintenance - some of the carpets need replacing, it is showing its age, and you enter the rooms from the outside (which I prefer for easy access to my car, but some people don't like), so if you are looking for a beautiful, perfectly maintained place to stay (and can afford it), this is not the place for you. But if you just need a comfortable, safe place to stay for the night, with parking very close to your room for a very reasonable price, this might be what you are looking for. It is owned and operated by a nice family and they do a good job. I decided to submit this review because I noticed a couple of reviews from last year that seemed unfair based upon my multiple stays. This hotel is a great value for what you get, but you should not expect luxury - if provides reasonable accommodations at a great price, and leaves you with enough money to buy a tank of gas with your savings on the cost of lodging!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jwaymoo

Reviewed 2 May 2010

we stayed here during derby weekend and were terribly disappointed. We found dozens of ants in the bathroom and bed, holes in the wall, a "zenith" tv that didn't work, drunks screaming in the parking lot and a bathroom that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. We slept in our clothes - save yourself and go elsewhere !!

Reviewed 7 February 2010

This hotel was dirty, the door looked like it had been kicked in, the heater was very noisy (making it hard to sleep), and overpriced for the quality/area. I would not feel safe staying here with my children if my husband had not been with me. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2009

Stayed here 9/24/2009. Chose this location primarily for price and because they allowed pets. Room was very musty and had obviously been sprayed with some type of room deodorizer to cover up smell. Carpet was dirty, baseboard missing by bathroom door, tub "creaked & groaned" when standing in shower, zero outdoor trash cans. Checked out at 9:05 am - continental breakfast being put away at that time. Looked like cheap doughnuts from local grocery. Thought we could at least get coffee. Coffee was cold but no microwave available to reheat. Even dog was apprehensive about the place! On positive side - there were plenty of free USA Today newspapers and free Wi-Fi. Won't ever stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

We stayed at the Days Inn because they allowed pets. I would have much rather stayed with my dog overnight in his kennel.; at least I know that is clean. Stains on sheet, who know what was on the wall, the bathrooms were moldy and falling apart. We have a camping trailer and the hotel was made out of that material. Lesson learned. I will never travel with our dog again and stay at a place more suitable for humans. Oh, breakfast was stale powered doughnuts and generic bread and cereal. We spent $20 on breakfast at Cracker Barrell, so the lower room price is not a bargain.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 March 2009

Well, bad trip got worse in the AM when I noticed some disturbing creatures crawling up the wall. I killed 2 in the bathroom with my flip flop (never shower without them!) and one in the bed location which was full of blood! EWWWW! We got out of there fast! BE WARNED! oh yes, I have a pic

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank sh00t0ut
Reviewed 17 August 2008

As a business entrepreneur, my business often leads me to stay at new and unexpected places like the days inn Seymour. It was like i stayed in a extended stay and suites for half the price! The complimentary breakfast, the fridge and microwave in the room, the cleanliness of the room, and the warm thank you's and your welcome's recieved by the employe at the front desk.

They checked me in under 5 minutes!! The location is great for me as i am in hte epicenter of three major cities, louisvill, indianapolis, and cincinnati!! i was able to do business in two of the three locations so that was great! The free internet allowed me to check all my important emails unlike the other expensive hotels where i would have to put a ten dollar deposit just to start it! and After 6 when all my work was done, i could go out and lay by the pool. All in all a magnificent experience for a great price!

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)