“Holiday Inn Express, Shelbyville, Indiana”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The Holiday Inn Express in Shelbyville, Indiana, is clean and quiet and a good value in the area. There are other hotels in the area, but I've found those to have too much of an old cigarette smell (the Holiday Inn is smoke free).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Holly G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear DJK2006,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Shelbyville, IN!

We are pleased to hear that your experience was a great, as we strive daily to perfect our service, and meet the needs of our guests to be a Great Hotel Guests Love.

We thank you for expressing your experience with us and hope to see you back!

Thank you again for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Shelbyville, IN!

Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night. Reception was cold and rude. I am a IHG Gold Elite Ambassador and no recognition. Asked for complimentary upgrade and got attitude. It's only for Platinum Elite members. Okay. Then out us next to electrical room and said there are no other rooms... Morning staff were very nice and professional. Breakfast staff polite and friendly. Pool was nice and morning staff offered late checkout. Ok hotel, needs to upgrade.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Kmals,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Shelbyville, IN!

We apologize for the experience you received during your stay. There are times when situations are handled with careless decisions. Please be assured we take all reviews seriously and monitor the situation promptly.

We are pleased to hear the good experience with the morning staff an d our amenities!

We thank you for expressing your experience with us and hope you visit us again for a better experience.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staff was helpful and friendly. The Noise: Only get a room on the side facing away from the interstate. The hotel was built very close to the said interstate and the sound proofing must have been forgotten cause you feel like the interstate runs through your room..... The Cold: We normally like to sleep with the temp around 74 or so. When we set the air conditioner on 75 we froze so we cut it up, and up, and up. Ending up on 82 degrees before we got comfortable. I think this was more from the air blowing directly on the bed but it took a while to get adjusted. Won't stay here again...

Room Tip: Get a room away from the INTERSTATE
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Holly G, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Shelbyville, IN!
I wanted to apologize for your experience while you were a guest at our hotel. We truly value all of our guests. As a guest-driven hotel we strive daily to perfect our service, and meet the needs of our guests to be a Great Hotel Guests Love. It is feedback like yours that help us achieve our goals. Please be assured that the problem was and will continue to be addressed and monitored.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a get away weekend with my wife. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast was well presented and plentiful . Breakfast area was roomy and clean. Found the staff to be friendly and helpful. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sunnytanner07,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Shelbyville, IN!

We truly value all of our guests and are especially thankful for the IHG Reward Members who stay with us. As a guest-driven hotel we strive daily to perfect our service, and meet the needs of our guests to be a Great Hotel Guests Love. It is feedback like yours that help us achieve our goals. Please be assured that I will communicate your review with the staff!

We thank you for expressing your and experience!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stay here several times in the summer as a halfway point with lawrenceburg speedway.After this last episode I will be trying the Hampton as much as possible. RUDE. front desk girl.At 3 pm on a Friday afternoon we are standing around waiting for someone to come out and check us in.The kicker was at 130 am we go in after a long day to sleep and a crazy bunch of loud mouths are in the lobby breakfast area hooping it up. Our room is 3 doors down. Misery. I cannot believe this was allowed to continue. The people next to us had the volume on their Tv as loud as it would go all night all morning. The noise started upfull force by 8am with slamming doors and wild children running halls and checking the pool. People you are so rude when you let your doors slam loudly and let your kids run amuck. People working here lack a professional appearence ;a bit shady. The rooms are great;clean and comfy but things are changing here not for the better

Room Tip: I love the highway noise
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sunnytanner07
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Sunnytanner07,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay. We are very glad that you found the rooms clean and comfortable. On the other hand, it is very troubling to read that the noise disturbance and level of service was a let down. We have taken note of your comments and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention.

Please be assured that all feedback received will be acted upon, and appropriate actions will be taken to ensure similar situations do not reoccur. We do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I was planning to stay four nights and when I asked on the phone I was told that refrigerators were available. What they didn't tell me, until I was checking in, was that it cost $15 PER NIGHT for a refrigerator. I told her I didn't want to buy it, I just wanted to use it. After they realized how unhappy I was, they relented and told me they would comp me the refrigerator. So, they brought one to my room, and I was shocked to see the size. I did not know that they made them so small. I believe that if you took out the shelves and put in a volleyball you would not be able to shut the door, and it might have even been to short to start putting the volleyball in. I used ice for my cold stuff and checked out in the morning.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank emhprogram
Holly G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Shelbyville, IN!

I wanted to apologize for the miscommunication about the refrigerators at our Holiday Inn Express & Suites. We truly value all of our guests and are especially thankful for the IHG Reward Members who stay with us. As a guest-driven hotel we strive daily to perfect our service, and meet the needs of our guests to be a Great Hotel Guests Love. It is feedback like yours that help us achieve our goals. Please be assured that the problem was and will continue to be addressed and monitored.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

I found this hotel to be more than acceptable and it was clean and affordable to boot.

Shelbyville is a sleepy little hamlet in comparison to Indianapolis and this HIE is not far from the interstate (I-74). Due to it's angled location, road noise was not an issue for me although it could be for a traveler who struggles with even the slightest noise.

Cracker Barrel is in very close proximity if you're looking for cheap and consistent fare.

Room Tip: If road noise in the slightest could bother you, you might consider requesting a room which does not...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Shelbyville, IN!

We are pleased to hear that your that you had a great experience.
We truly value all of our guests and are especially thankful for the IHG Reward Members who stay with us. As a guest-driven hotel we strive daily to perfect our service, and meet the needs of our guests to be a Great Hotel Guests Love. It is feedback like yours that help us achieve our goals. Please be assured that the problem with the noise was and will continue to be addressed and monitored.

Hotel Management

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
#6 of 6 in Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Greensburg
Hilton Garden Inn Indianapolis South/Greenwood
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Greenfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis

Address: 38 W Rampart St, I-74 at exit 113, Shelbyville, IN 46176-9472
Region: United States > Indiana > Shelbyville
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Price Range: £74 - £108 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis 3*
We are a brand new hotel in the Shelbyville area. We offer discount rates to local corporations. We are 2 miles from the Indiana downs and the Indiana Live casino. We offer a free hot continental breakfast to all guests. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.