“Good stay at a fair price”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Orlando, Florida
“Good stay at a fair price”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This used to be a Lee's Inn and when it was first built, was clearly the best hotel in Shelbyville. It remains a very nice place to stay but isn't as busy because it is farther from the race track and industry than the newer places one exit to the north. However it is nearer to most restaurants. There is some minor wear and tear noticeable but it seems to have been generally kept in very good condition. Very clean. Very big room for the money. Furniture shows little sign of wear. Very close to interstate but my room on the opposite side was very quiet. The breakfast room was clean but the selection was just OK - probably because there weren't many guests on the night I stayed. If I ever returned, this would be my first choice.

Room Tip: AARP discount is 20%.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank markam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I went on a short get-a-way with my husband, and we wanted to stay in the Indianapolis area for an extra day. I had read the reviews on trip advisor and decided to give this hotel a try. This room was inexpensive ($61 for a king room with a sofa and chair). The room was very clean (it looked like all the furniture was new). The staff was all very friendly. The free breakfast consisted of biscuits and gravy, hard-boiled eggs, waffels, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal and assorted pasteries. They even have a free shuttel bus that will take you to a near-by casino on Fri & Sat. There were several places to eat nearby. The hotel sits close to the interstate and has a traffic light at the end of the drive. It was a very pleasant stay, and we will stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank bugdane
Champaign, Illinois
Reviewed 21 May 2011

This hotel is in the process of becoming a Quality inn which is unfortunate because I have never seen a Quality inn this nice. We were in Shelbyville on a business trip that depended on the weather and we had to switch our travel dates due to rain, they moved our date up a day without charging us. The rooms were big and clean. The internet was free and actually fast. We stay in Indiana at least 10 times a year and this is by far the best hotel I have stayed at in Indiana. There were only two minor complaints, first the breakfast is a little sparse and the Walmart parking lights are very bright and right behind the hotel. I will recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Shelbyville!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank spackler43
Greenfield, Indiana
Reviewed 6 April 2011

My husband and I "ran away" for the night to celebrate our 3rd anniversary. We had booked the room through Priceline.com's "name your own price." As soon as I booked our room I was really disappointed in the fact that they did not have a pool and we were wanting one. But after talking with my husband we just decided to stay where we had already payed for the room and just see if we could upgrade since we got a standard room. Before we even left town I called the hotel and asked about the upgrade. The hotel manager/owner that I talked to was very friendly and told us that we would just have to pay the upgrade price (which we were fine with). Once we got to the hotel we were greeted with a warm smile and a friendly attitude. The lobby was nice and clean. When we got to the room it was very clean. I only found a couple of minor stains on the sheets and the bed skirt. We also had one light bulb out that was over the jacuzzi. No big deal. The bed was absolutely amazing. It was the best hotel bed that I have ever slept on. The room looked to be recently painted with these nice warming colors. One problem we did run into was that the mircowave was not plugged in and it could not reach the outlet. So if we needed to use it we would have had to move it. Their breakfast was just like the normal hotel continental breakfast. It was good and they kept up with it. The hotel is directly off the interstate which was very pleasant as it was east for us to get where we were going. Overall this was the best hotel that I have stayed at in a long time and would recommend them to others.

Room Tip: know what you want and read reviews of the hotels
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank apulis
Spencer, Indiana
Reviewed 21 March 2011

All in all the stay was good, the room was nice and clean. It was very quite and the beds were comfortable. However my husband got up and took a shower and then I tried to take one and there was not hot water. I waiting a while for the water to heat up but it didn't so I called the front desk and the gentleman that answered the phone said he would check on things. After another 20 minute wait there was still no hot water so I had to take a cold one, not very pleasant. We found out later that some friends of ours that stayed a couple rooms down had the same problem. When we were checking out we told the front desk. The same gentleman that I spoke with about the hot water appeared to be running the front desk, not really sure tough. He was on the phone, not in uniform of any kind and didn't seem to really care that we had to take cold showers although he did say he was sorry in a monotone voice. I don't think he really cared though. I was hoping that he would over a discount coupon for our next stay since we had the water issue but that didn't happen. So I am not sure if I would really stay there again or not, possibly, but I would have to have a guarantee that I would be able to take a hot shower in the morning in my room if not, than they would have to promise to switch rooms or something.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LisaCorder
Springfield, Ohio
Reviewed 19 April 2010

The Lee's inn isnt "bad" by any means however a few small things could have made it much nicer. We arrived late and found what i guess was the front desk person engaged in a conversation with someone else? im not sure who was who as no one has anything on to identify themselves. We did get upgraded to a larger room due to the simple fact we asked if they had anything open so that was very nice. Sleeping was fine, quiet, even though close to traffic the room is quiet. Bed wasnt bad. Room was fairly clean. All in all i would stay again for the same reason (merely a place to sleep at night), definetly not a place i would want to spend days. Breakfast was edible. waffle maker is always a winner, beyond that i didnt trust anything else. Gravy looked several days old! If they would make breakfast a bit better and have some sort of uniforms (mainly due to safety, i would never asker my room door to the folks who actually worked thier unless they had uniforms on) this wouldnt be a bad stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 April 2010

I have stayed at Lee's in for the past 5 years. I am from a tourist town myself, Myrtle Beach, SC so I know motels can be quite disappointing, but this one isn't by the shore, nor the mountains, but is close to Walmart and very convenient to the little town of Shelbyville, Indiana. The owners are from India and they are quite nice. I found the place to be quite clean, quiet, welcoming, and cheery. It has a beautiful chanelier, and a nice and bright breakfast area with complimentary breakfast. I would recomment this motel to my closest friends and family!
Rebecca

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank Rebecca053
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Comfort Inn Shelbyville
Quality Inn
#1 of 6 in Franklin
#5 of 6 in Greensburg
Baymont Inn & Suites Greensburg

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!