“Outstanding”

Hampton Inn Shelbyville
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Before retiring I spent approximately 200 nights in hotels. Hampton was always my first choice. The Shelbyville, Indiana location is one of the very best. The staff is very helpful and the morning breakfast is well prepared and presented in a clean area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was in Shelbyville for a wedding. I had friends at other hotels in the area. This was the nicest of the hotels that I saw. The pool area, like what happens for most indoor pools, was very humid inside and the air was heavy to breathe. But really stoked it had a hot tub. Overall a nice stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The room needed paint and attention to detail. The lampshade by one of the beds was cracked, the chair next to the table (no desk) was stained and the walls really needed paint. The front desk staff was very nice and offered to move us to another room. My feelings are you should not have to move to another room. Housekeeping should notify the front desk and/or maintenance if attention to the room is needed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I regularly stay at Hamptons because they are reliable and generally a good value. This one was a HUGE disappointment! Stayed here with my wife while attending a wedding,,,summed up:
Expensive
no microwave
no fridge
rude breakfast attendant with dirty clothes
not one snack vending machine in the hotel
broken ice machine

All of this in Shelbyville, In at a premium $139.00 plus tax. Wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: steer clear
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Let's face it Shelbyville is not a tourist destination, we spent the night while on a road trip. We spent the evening at the casino nearby and had a great night sleep here at the hotel. Perfect. It met our needs and given the chance we would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirby03
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Booked this while en route from Wisconsin to South Carolina as our overnight stay, deferring to the Trip Advisor #1 rating for Shelbyville instead of our usual safe bet with a HE Express property. Arrived around midnight and found the night manager who checked us in to be very helpful and good with our young kids who were a bit weary from a long day of travel. Lobby area had a recent refurb, and was generally in good shape. Hotel area hallways were clean and our room was clean (with a recent refurb on the bathroom), but generally showing some signs of age

Pool area was the primary disappointment...not very clean and the hot tub was ice cold. Was also concerned to see that the door lock to the pool area was compromised with packing tape because there was something wrong with it. I alerted the front desk, as I suspect that there are regulations that require them to secure a pool area for safety reasons, and they said that the lock wasn't working and they had to tape it so that people could come and go, as maintenance was not there on that day (which probably explains the cold hot tub as well). Let's hope that we just happened to come across this on the day that it happened, and the situation has been remedied.

At the breakfast bar the waffle batter spout was unusually slow. As in, it took almost a minute to fill the small cup with batter. I mentioned something to the person attending to the breakfast area and she said that it's been slow for a long time (like days/weeks). Well, dear, I don't think they design them to be that slow...my guess is that it's time to clean the waffle batter thing, as I'd bet my nightly rate that it was gunked up with a few weeks worth of batter. Recommend skipping the waffles.

Not the worst hotel experience, but some unfortunate things that will have us looking for other options if we are in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff was awesome! We arrived at the hotel a bit after midnight...and were greeted with great customer service. The room was clean and the air conditioner was running. Loved the extra little touches...nightlight in bathroom...welcoming sticky note on headboards...gift of gummy worms for my young daughter...fingernail polish remover pads! :-) The continental breakfast was yummy with a great variety. Hotel located right off I-74. Great value - Great service - Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelbyville
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Shelbyville - Indianapolis
Candlewood Suites Indianapolis - South
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#3 of 6 in Shelbyville

Been to Hampton Inn Shelbyville? Share your experiences!