“My stay in Shipshewana”

The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Shipshewana
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice, spacious, clean room, great customer service and,beautiful view out our window of pond. To our surprise, they apparently have a water softner as the softest towels and water.Will definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room with view of the pond.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank SAS0122

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We like this hotel when we stay in this Amish area. The rooms are very clean and the staff is wonderful. The breakfast is more than enough with a variety of items to choose from. We always enjoy our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pat C
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We just stayed for the 9th time at the Van Buren Hotel in Shipshewana, Indiana. It is a lovely property, very quiet and very clean. The breakfast every morning included in hotel stay is very good with a great assortment. My only request would be for some fresh fruit. All the employees are friendly and ready to assist in any request. The lady that cleaned out room left a note each day wishing us a good day. I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to spend time in Amish Country.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms are very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 325davis
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As many others have stated the only thing average is the breakfast. Everything else is above average with nice and friendly staff, clean quite rooms and comfortable beds. They are a little on the soft side but that's they way I like them. Pool was very clean and everything in general was perfect! I would stay here again!

Room Tip: The elevator is in the center part of the building. Those who may have mobility issues may want to...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ronkoby
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a cheapskate when it comes to renting hotel rooms . . .give me a clean room, comfy bed and I'm happy. But occasionally I'll splurge and though some might not think $100+ a night is a splurge, for me it is. Though it is a quick few minutes out of town, the quiet at night was heavenly and worth the short drive. The bedding was fresh and crisp, mattress comfy, room spotless, bathroom roomy, nice TV, hallways and building well maintained--I can't think of a single negative thing to report on this stay. The complimentary breakfast was by far one of the best I have had--the breakfast attendant was continually refilling and cleaning up. The room was large and had lots of tables. I noted that one reviewer mentioned that there was no fresh fruit or yogurt. While that is true, there were plenty of other options from scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, breads, bagels, pastries etc. and it all tasted fresh. Guess you can't please everyone. We drive through this area regularly on our way to visit family and often stop in Shipshewana to shop and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to others. Good job Van Buren staff!! We will be back!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank jakuehl50
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here to visit Shipshewana. Clean and right in Shipshewana. The breakfast was OK, but nothing special as you would expect real Amish pastries here. The food was typical hotel type with bad orange juice, the machine needs adjusting. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Cecil W
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My party of 4 stayed at the Van Buren Hotel last week (2 rooms). Everything was great with the stay except for the free breakfast. In the past 14 years when we've stayed there they had fresh fruit (bananas, apples, etc). They also had small yogurt cups. Many days all I feel like is a yogurt or banana. Apparently that proved to be too expensive. Please bring the breakfast items back!

Room Tip: Take a room facing the south. Rooms facing the north face a parking lot. In the middle of the parkin...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Racinefoodfan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
#3 of 6 in Goshen
Super 8 Shipshewana
Super 8 Shipshewana
#4 of 5 in Shipshewana

Been to The Van Buren Hotel at Shipshewana? Share your experiences!