“Fantastic!”

Ranked #3 of 16 things to do in Shipshewana
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We were looking for a place to take our two year old daughter that was relatively close. On a whim I looked up petting zoos and saw that this had nothing but 5 stars so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! We had just as much fun as the little one! From feeding the monkeys to petting the zebras, all of these are experiences you can't get just anywhere. Also the family running the farm were some of the most friendly people ever! They were so accommodating and nice! Overall just a fantastic experience. We will be returning soon!

3  Thank Jkominow

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have been to Shipshewana several times and never knew this place existed! I found it on Trip Advisor and am so glad I did! When I pulled in, it sure didn't look like much but what a wonderful surprise. This place is run by a very friendly Amish family, they are wonderfully sweet people. Admission was $12 adults/$8 for kids. Included in your admission is a horse drawn wagon ride, about 3/4 miles - 45 minute tour and each person gets a nice sized tub of feed. You can buy extra buckets for $2. As you go along you are greeted by elk, deer, zebra, horses, long horn cattle, buffalo, yak, camel, emu, etc. I tell you it is quite a motley crew looking bunch that all follow this wagon, ha! I think I laughed and smiled more than the kids. My girls are 6 and 8 and they loved it! The driver would stop periodically so you could feed them and pet them. They also have a walk through petting zoo, you can enter most pens and feed deer, goats, sheep, llama, etc. (Feed bags .25 cents and bowls of carrots for $1) This time of year there are lots of babies! Our favorite were the spider monkeys. They have a gumball style machine that spits out fruit loops for a quarter. And these guys will take them right out of your hand or you can funnel them through pvc pipe that they catch. There is a great picnic area - they don't sell food - but bring a lunch and enjoy their new gazebo. There's only porta-pottys but they were very clean. We had a great time! We were there for just over two hours and my kids had a 'perma-grin' on their face - worth every penny! I definitely recommend this place to those with children, or those who are children at hearts!

5  Thank phl2azo
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

If you love animals then this is a must see. So many animals to see most of which you can touch & feed. Went on a Thursday around 3pm but I could see this place pretty busy on the weekends. It was the perfect crowd for us on a Thursday afternoon.

3  Thank Xheda3j
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our grands (ages 2 and 4) could not stop laughing. The wagon ride through the animal meadow was amazing. Feeding wild animals directly out of the bowls was so much fun for the kids. Those tongues. Those horns. Those appetites. Walking through the walk-through area was quite educational as well. The barrel-ride was perfect for the very-young set. And, picnic areas are comfortable and well-utilized on our recent outing. Older kids seemed to be enjoying the day as well; teen-agers were taking selfies (well, me + goat selfies). Compared to similar venues, the cost is quite reasonable. Toilet facilities were porta-potties, but they were very clean. Water/soap and hand sanitizer were available. Strollers aren't very useful, as the paths are not paved, but there was not much walking involved; our 2-year-old never asked to be carried.

3  Thank Elaine H
Reviewed 17 June 2014

It was so much fun, will be back with my granddaughters soon. There is so much to see and do in the area, but I could have spent most of the day in the barns with the animals

3  Thank judye b