“We didn't have a frig or microwave in the room but they...”

Super 8 Shipshewana
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shipshewana

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We needed to take our little dog at the last minute and had to switch hotels. This motel allowed us to bring her and only charged a $10.00 fee for us to have her. Room and bathroom were clean and beds were comfortable. Breakfast was nice and the coffee was good.

Room Tip: First floor is easier for people who are older and I was very impressed with the comfortable room...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ashish505, Manager at Super 8 Shipshewana, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Aunt Lee, Thank You for taking time out of your day to let us know how your stay was, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you were satisfied. I look forward to you comeing back and staying with us agian in the future.

Shipshewana
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Nice hotel. Recently put in new carpet & bed spreads & are now working on the outside. They also provide breakfast in the morning. Within walking distance to the shipshewanna event hall, it is right next door. So, very convient if you are seeing a concert at night. Also next door to a gas station, nice for snacks..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Karen F, Thank you for takeing time out of your day to let other people know about our hotel.I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that it was very convienient for you. I hope that in the future you come back and stay with us agian.
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Other reviews prompted me to take the chance on this place, and I'm glad I did. I must admit when I pulled up I was prepared to go on down the road. They're working on upgrading, cleaning up, painting the exterior. Our room had all new carpet, furniture, drapes, and flat panel TV.

The worst thing about it: the bathroom! Though extremely clean, the floor was the only thing that was updated in the bathroom. The vanity, shower surround, even toilet (complete with brass-tone flush handle!) was pretty sad looking. But as I said, it was very clean and all of the caulking appeared fresh.

Check in was great - prompt and friendly. Didn't partake of the breakfast, but it looked great. I'd definitely stay here again, but not for more than one or two nights.

I think it might be just a bit overpriced for what it is (and isn't, amenity-wise), but the location allows them the charge what they do. Still not a bad value.

Room Tip: Just make sure you ask for a renovated room. All rooms have outside windows and parking right up to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Pafabu,

Thank you so much for writeing your feedback. We are glad that despite the outside you gave us a chance and stayed with us. We are glad that you were pleased with your stay.

I will send your thoughts on the bathroom over to the owners. We are very glad that although the bathroom is not as updated as the rest you still found it clean. I am glad that our staff here helped in making your stay even more delightful.

Thank You again for writing your feedback it is very valuable to us. We promise to keep on doing everything we can to make your stay wonderful.

Batavia, New York
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I thought this motel was a great place the last couple times I stayed in Shipshewana. But when I arrived in May, 2014, I was even more impressed. They had just installed new carpeting, done some painting and touch up, and were working on the exterior appearance. This motel is truly a great value. All the staff is most pleasant and customer service oriented. Better than average breakfast. While you are at the Super 8 in Shipshewana, go next door to the Hudson Museum if you like old cars. LOTS of cars. The Hudson history is well documented.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Denny M
Hello Denny,

Thank You for your very valuable feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you keep returning to our property.

Denny we promise to keep doing what we are doing and make each stay just as delightful as the next.

Thank you again for your wonderful review.
Agm
Deanna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Travelodge Sturgis
Travelodge Sturgis
#2 of 5 in Sturgis

Been to Super 8 Shipshewana? Share your experiences!