“I'm glad we only had to stay one night!”

Super 8 Shipshewana
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shipshewana
Bear Lake, Michigan
“I'm glad we only had to stay one night!”
Reviewed 15 July 2010

The one good thing I have to say about this Super 8 is that the location is very good. We were disappointed with the condition of the room. Before I could use the desk I had to wipe away wet coffee rings, the pillowcases had been thrown on sideways and I never saw a motel bed made with flat sheets [at least since fitted sheets have been invented]. The price was very reasonable but like they say, "You get what you pay for".

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Michigan
Reviewed 21 January 2010

My husband and I had stayed here a few years ago and decided to come back again because of the economical price. We were both very disappointed with our stay this time, as it seemed the hotel rooms have not been updated since our last stay. The carpet in our room was stained, and the first thing I noticed was that our bed was short. It sounds odd, but I have never slept in a bed so close to the ground. Another thing that bothered us is that the pillowcases had small stains and our bed was not made very well. We could see the pilling on our mattress when we made the bed. Also, the staff was not very pleasant. We made a decision to try another hotel and decided to try the Amish Country Inn the next night instead. We were amazed at the difference. Yes, it was more expensive, but not by much, and it was well worth it for the wonderful night sleep we had the next night. The Super 8 is an okay place to stay if you are on a tight budget but we will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melissasnest
Bay City, Michigan
Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed here in Dec.too. Close to everything. Great breakfast, make your own waffles.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Berkshires
Reviewed 18 May 2009

I really can't complain or location. Great for the flea market/ craft fair. Pretty overpriced for the room ammenities, but breakfast was very well appointed for those that like carb. Rooms are older "super 8 furniture". I did have a bit of toothpast on the wall next to the sink. ewww. Staff were overheard, on the two trips I made through the lobby, discussing another guest. Loudly and negatively... very poor form.
Ok hotel, but a bit overpriced for the quality /value of room ammenities. Breakfast very good with several option.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Eastern Iowa
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Motel is in a great location for the famous Flea Market and within a 2 block walk to the rest of the shopping center for the town. The free breakfast was very good as those free breakfasts go. The room had one of the most uncomfortable matresses I have ever been on....except for other Super 8 motels. I have been staying at other Super 8's for the last 4 years and the standard night medicine is 3 Tylenol just to sleep thu the night.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Berrien Springs
Reviewed 10 March 2009

Not the best bed. I spent the two nights at Super 8 Motel and the first night was horrible. You could feel all the springs from the bed mattress. The heater was either too warm or too cold. In addition, if one of the other people staying in the hotel closes their door you could hear it in your room. Bad insulation. This motel is not pet friendly. I took my pet and the next day they did an axtra charge to my credit card. In other words, if you take your pet expect an additional $75.00 charge for your pet I guess they use this way to make more money and uses lame exuses to make that charge.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Pittsgrove, New Jersey
Reviewed 23 August 2007

You usually know what to expect when you stay at a Super 8, but this one was above and beyond the average. The hotel is among the cleanest I've seen, the staff is helpful and friendly, the location is excellent, and the continental breakfast rivals ones I have had at Hampton Inns and other more expensive hotels. I would definitely stay here again, and I'm sorry we were only in town for one night because I would have stayed at this Super 8 longer.

• Liked — Good breakfast
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
Best Western Plus Howe Inn
Travelodge Sturgis
Travelodge Sturgis
#2 of 5 in Sturgis

Been to Super 8 Shipshewana? Share your experiences!