“Very helpful, caring and nice staff”

Super 8 Shipshewana
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Shipshewana
Chicago, Illinois
“Very helpful, caring and nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

We enjoyed our stay even though we had a couple of issues, but those were attended to by the manager who was/is very professional. The late check out was especially appreciated since we were vendors at a local swap meet and it was a very HOT weekend...nice to take a quick shower before we hit the road. Thank you to the Super 8 staff and Sachel Sutton. We will see you again soon!

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Trebinje, Bosnia and Herzegovina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2010

I came in from the Mississippi River in Illinois, having experienced the joys of Chicago traffic. I wasn't planning on having time to see the Amish attractions, but I figured it would be nice if the stars lined up and it happened. Four hours behind schedule thanks to the I-80 nightmare, it was way past closing time and I just wanted some sleep. The front desk girl was friendly and could tell how exhausted I was. The room was made up perfectly and I had no complaints. I fell into bed and fell right asleep. Wasn't woken up once, even though it's on the main road. The shower was clean and stocked properly in the morning. Breakfast was typical for a motel, but fine. Check-out was painless.

I can recommend this place if you're looking for a cheap joint in the area. You're not going to get much, but you won't pay too much, either. Nothing wrong, and yes, you will see Amish girls as housekeepers and buggies going right by your window.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
Bear Lake, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

The one good thing I have to say about this Super 8 is that the location is very good. We were disappointed with the condition of the room. Before I could use the desk I had to wipe away wet coffee rings, the pillowcases had been thrown on sideways and I never saw a motel bed made with flat sheets [at least since fitted sheets have been invented]. The price was very reasonable but like they say, "You get what you pay for".

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2010

My husband and I had stayed here a few years ago and decided to come back again because of the economical price. We were both very disappointed with our stay this time, as it seemed the hotel rooms have not been updated since our last stay. The carpet in our room was stained, and the first thing I noticed was that our bed was short. It sounds odd, but I have never slept in a bed so close to the ground. Another thing that bothered us is that the pillowcases had small stains and our bed was not made very well. We could see the pilling on our mattress when we made the bed. Also, the staff was not very pleasant. We made a decision to try another hotel and decided to try the Amish Country Inn the next night instead. We were amazed at the difference. Yes, it was more expensive, but not by much, and it was well worth it for the wonderful night sleep we had the next night. The Super 8 is an okay place to stay if you are on a tight budget but we will not stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank melissasnest
Bay City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2009

We stayed here in Dec.too. Close to everything. Great breakfast, make your own waffles.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Berkshires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2009

I really can't complain or location. Great for the flea market/ craft fair. Pretty overpriced for the room ammenities, but breakfast was very well appointed for those that like carb. Rooms are older "super 8 furniture". I did have a bit of toothpast on the wall next to the sink. ewww. Staff were overheard, on the two trips I made through the lobby, discussing another guest. Loudly and negatively... very poor form.
Ok hotel, but a bit overpriced for the quality /value of room ammenities. Breakfast very good with several option.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
Eastern Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2009

Motel is in a great location for the famous Flea Market and within a 2 block walk to the rest of the shopping center for the town. The free breakfast was very good as those free breakfasts go. The room had one of the most uncomfortable matresses I have ever been on....except for other Super 8 motels. I have been staying at other Super 8's for the last 4 years and the standard night medicine is 3 Tylenol just to sleep thu the night.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shipshewana
Blue Gate Garden Inn - Shipshewana Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Howe Inn
Travelodge Sturgis
Travelodge Sturgis
#2 of 5 in Sturgis

Been to Super 8 Shipshewana? Share your experiences!