“A real gem of a restauant”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$16 - US$36
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
Fairfield, Ohio
“A real gem of a restauant”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This palce had the best salmon I have ever eaten. And the desert is to die for! Caution: bill for 2 of us was over $170. BUT we had wine, cocktails, coffee, entrees and dessert. It is upscale but not snobbish. Great menu!

Visited October 2013

“Here for business, underwhelming”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

I was in town for one night for business and la salle was highly recommended. I was eating alone and was neglected the entire night. The waitress first approached me 30 minutes after sitting down to take my food order. No drink order. Flagged down a manager for a glass of wine. Had the wedge salad. Weird because it wasn't a wedge. Half was chopped and it didn't look great. The dressing was a hot Roquefort. Had ordered mushrooms w a strip steak. The mushrooms never came. The steak was decent although had no char and little in the way of seasoning. No salt on the outside so it had the feel of being steamed with no sear.

The room was nice and the management was very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Bwerley
Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear Sir Or Madam:

I was alerted by TripAdvisor of the problems that you encountered at my restaurant. First allow me to apologize for the lack of care and the quality of the food that you were served. This is not what our guests have come to expect at LaSalle Grill and certainly doesn't meet our usual standards.

What can I do to make things right? You may contact me directly via e-mail at mark@lasallegrill.com or by my cell phone at 574-532-2800. I hope to hear from you soon.

Mark McDonnell
Proprietor
New York City, New York
“Best Restaurant in South Bend”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This was our first visit to LaSalle Grill in a few years and it continues to be a one of the best dining experiences overall. The service is first rate, great ambience and the food was done perfectly. We celebrated our anniversary here and they actually had a menu printed with our name and date on it, and each employee signed a personal card for our table. The evening was very special and our waitress payed attention to every detail. We can't wait to go back again on our next visit to South Bend.

• Visited August 2013
Sanibel Island, Florida
“An Incredible Restaurant!”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

I can't say enough good about this restaurant. We enjoyed a superb anniversary dinner here when we stopped in South Bend on a trip to New England. First of all, the service was outstanding. Andrew was a delightful host and a pleasure to speak with when I made and confirmed our reservation. Our servers, JC and Alison, were excellent and fun. The rest of the staff that assisted them were also friendly and very efficient.

The atmosphere was very pleasant and romantic. We were given menus printed especially for us, with our names and an anniversary wish on them. The staff had all signed a nice anniversary card for us.

All of our food was outstanding. There were 2 kinds of delicious bread. The fabulous antelope was tender, moist, perfectly cooked with a great apple wood smoked flavor, and accompanied by a wonderful barbeque sauce. My husband's bison short ribs were delicious, as were all of the sides. The chef did a great job accommodating my special dietary needs. The desserts were out of this world, especially the German chocolate cake. The wine selection was superb.

The pacing of our meal and service was perfect. And we were happily surprised with how reasonable our bill was! We will definitely be returning to the LaSalle Grill!

• Visited August 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“MUCH overpriced”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Our food was good; our service was good; the prices were outrageous. We had been given a $250 gift certificate. There were three adults in our party. We each ordered the cheapest item on the menu. No alcohol. With the tip, it took ALL of our gift certificate.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank John A

Been to LaSalle Grill? Share your experiences!