“Outstanding service”
Review of LaSalle Grill

LaSalle Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 318 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$16 - US$57
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Healthy, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We had a large party but the set up was great, the food was delicious and the service outstanding. Our server, Andrew, even personally sang Happy Birthday to one in our party. Reasonably priced as well.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My husband and I love going here for the Duck. It is always perfectly prepared with a unique sauce to go with it! This time it was a tomato bacon sauce and it was DIVINE. This last weekend we went and were a bit frustrated with the service. Our waitress seemed a bit frazzled and would disappear randomly for 10 minutes increments. We wondered if she was waiting tables and cooking at the same time! We like to get in and out quickly (I would think this would be good for restaurants so that they can turn the table over quickly). This meal took way too long. We had to ask for bread 30 minutes in and the entrée came out a good 30-45 minutes after the appetizer. We wanted to get dessert but because everything else took so long, we didn't have time (would've been late for West Side Story)! I love the food here but the services leaves one wanting.

1  Thank Huyen L
Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for the feedback regarding your dinner before the show last week. You have every right to be upset with the pace of service we were a bit overwhelmed wchich is not our usual approach. We've always prided ourselves on the level of personal service that we provide for our guest no matter how busy we are. I am sorry to have let you and your husband down on your last visit and I hope that you will accept my most sincere apology. It should not have happened.

It seems to me that we owe you and your husband a desert since you did not have time to enjoy one before the show. May I entice you to accept a couple of your choosing on a return visit? Please let me know. I'd be happy to hear from you. My cell number is 574-532-2800 and my e-mail is mark@lasallegrill.com.

Thanks again for the feedback. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Founder and Proprietor

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Had a delicious steak that Omaha would be proud of. Good bottle of wine made the evening! Hope the tradition continues for a return visit in the future

Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thanks so much for your nice review of my restaurant. We are very proud of our wood fired steaks and our wine list. Great to hear that you'll be back to see us again.

Until then,

Best regards,

Mark McDonnell'
Founder and Proprietor

Reviewed 27 April 2014

This is the finest restaurant in South Bend--- there is a good reason it is always sold out month in advance of any ND home game. Great staff-- no turnover for years. Andrew is such a great host and you need to ask for a table with TC as your server-- the best server we have ever had!!! Love this place!!!

2  Thank Chriskes
Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you so much for the extremely positive review on TripAdvisor. We've worked hard over the past 23 years to provide a unique locally owned dining experience in South Bend. We are honored to have your comments and those of other satisfied customers on this great travel website. We are thrilled to have been awarded our 18th consecutive AAA Chicago Motor Club Four Diamond Award yesterday.

We'll keep up the good work. Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Founder & Proprietor

Reviewed 19 April 2014

The staff is amazing, Ann(e) the bartender is an outstanding mixologist. The menu is by far the finest around. There is a second and third level to this place...level three offers a different menu, numerous craft beers and an extensive bourbon and whiskey selection. A must stop.

Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thanks for the the excellent review of my restaurant. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that Anne served you so well in the Barroom. She is truly a delight and one of the best employee that I have ever worked with. She is truly exceptional.

I look forward to a chance to meet you sometime in the future. I would like the opportunity to thank you in person.

Best regards,