“Softball tourney noise” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Milwaukee
“Softball tourney noise”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2012

When we checked in, there was a softball tournament going on in town; seemed like it was going to go kay, but the when the teams returned from a night out, at 3am, it was VERY noisy!. Had two rooms, one was right next to the office and there was no apparant attempt to get the noise level down. Tried to make coffe in the AM; coffe pot and coffee maker were different models resulting in the coffee overflowing in the counter. Dead bug in the towel I used in the AM after a shower. Front desk woman was nice, said she would advise Expedia about problems, will see what they say. Not a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Call ahead to see if there are any large groups there. If so, avoid this place.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport, responded to this review, 18 September 2012
Dear R R,

Thank you for taking the time to write our property a review. I am glad that you found our location and room accommodations satisfactory. I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected by the noise levels at the hotel. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, I do apologize and regret that this impacted your experience at our hotel. I sincerely hope that the next time you are in South Bend, you will give our hotel another try.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Columbus, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We stayed last friday first time ever at this hotel.We would love to come back sometime.room was great everyone was friendly.it had a great pool.hot tub was not working but that was ok .on one else was in the pool so we had it by ourselfs.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

I had a wonderful experience staying at Candlewood the employees were professional and very friendly, the rooms are beautiful and very clean I always write reviews on hotels and this is the first one without any complaints. The star of my experience was one of the desk clerks named Marissa no matter how many times I called down to the desk she was always pleasent and professional she is the example of what good customer service is all about. Candlewood will be the only hotel I plan to stay at when visiting South Bend!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

My first time at this Candlewood and I will return. The staff I met were Great! Merssa set the tone when I called for a room. She made me feel Great! Professional and very warm.
A warm greeting in the morning from the maintenance man and the woman at the front desk. I'm sorry I didn't get her name this time. I will next visit, she was so nice.
Rooms are great. A Great value!

• Stayed August 2012
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

My day started and continued to be a nightmare-until I arrived at Candlewood Suites SB Airport. Flight delays, bad food, poor service, one setback after another. I called Candlewood shortly before 9 to get just a comfortable room reserved. (Another local hotel did not seem particularily willing to accomadate me) Anyway Scott from Candlewood reserved a room and arranged for a trusted cab service to pick me up and get me their. He told me he wanted one that he trusted. Without listing everything, let me just assure you all, that Scott IS, I mean IS the best representative from the standpoint of customer service/hospitality that I have ever encountered. Professional of course, but talk about a "from the heart" welcome I got after a brutal day. He was able to make me laugh, and at the same time feel like I was at home. WOW. I will be staying at Candlewood again- simply because when I see the logo I will think of Scott and that rainbow at the end of that memorable day.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
BEMIDJI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Loved the kitchenette makes working on the road much nicer. Was on the third floor aka the smoking floor was in a non smoking room. Got off the elevator and the smell hit you hard. Room didn't stink though. A little of a scent when ac was first turned on but quickly dissipated. Nice bed. Good tv and a DVD player was a bonus. Front desk folks did a very nice job.

• Stayed June 2012
Coldwater, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel 1 or 2 days per week for the last 4 months. I haved been in many different rooms on all 3 floors. I have never had a dirty room. Twice I got a room with a slight smoke smell. It was so slight that I did not mention it to staff. Once, the toilet ran most of the time. The railroad is 5 or 6 blocks away and if you are a light sleeper this can be a bother. I have requested to sleep on the other side and then I do not hear the trains at all. Beds are great. Free popcorn packet in microwave. Lots of towels. 3 pillows. I don't understand why heating and cooling controls are located in so many different spots - some on wall, some in unit. The units have a sign that says controls are on the wall when in fact they are not. Water was cold in the heated pool. As a former bus driver I have stayed in dozens of hotels in many different states. This hotel is better than most.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side are quieter Don't get a room near the pool - avoiding chlorine smell
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business