Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport
US$120
Hotels.com
US$146
US$151
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
US$113
  • Pool
US$150
US$128
Hotels.com
All reviewsfull size fridgefree popcorndish towelsfront deskroom was cleannewer propertynice jobbig rooma notre dame football gameup to datedefinitely stay here againbusiness centerplace to staystaff was very friendlypansbendstove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I have been a Holiday Inn / IHG member for many years and this one seemed under par from the others I have stayed at. Check in was slow and even with my IHG number they could not find me in the computer. The Internet kept kicking out all the time the 2 days I was there and the room. The people were nice but need better computer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Elyse H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear RadfordC,
Thank you so much for being an IHG member! We sincerely appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your experience at our Candlewood Suites. As it is always our goal to exceed your expectations, we apologize for any inconvenience you were caused by a less then speedy check in. We also thank you for bringing the issue of the internet to our attention. We are proud to offer free Wi-Fi to our guests and certainly want to make sure that our guests are able to enjoy this to the fullest. We will definitely look into this issue and have corrected for future users. We hope you will give us a chance to wow you the next time you are in the area.
Elyse

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is a very comfortable place. It's well appointed, clean, and has a kitchen. It even has a little grocery store on site. We were stuck there for 3 days, due to a big thunderstorm over Chicago. We were rerouted to South Bend to wait out the storm. The hotel offers a discounted rate to people in our situation.
On our third day, I was told by the airlines that if we got to the airport in 30 minutes we'd have a flight out. I went to the front desk and asked for a cab. The manager said we'd never make it in time if we had to wait for a cab, and she volunteered to drive us to the airport. We were at the airport in 10 minutes. Thanks to her help, we made our flight. This hotel doesn't have shuttle service, so this was really above and beyond the call of duty.

Room Tip: The hotel is set back from the road, so it's not noisy. Our room was in the front, on the ground floor, and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Rick P, General Manager at Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

I am overjoyed to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy that we could accommodate you during a stressful situation. We are conveniently located a couple blocks east of the South Bend Airport, making our hotel a great choice when unfortunate weather causes delays in travel. Our guests happiness is the most important part of our day to day business. If you are ever in the area we hope you choose Candlewood Suites-South Bend!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Referred to candle wood suites by expedia after looking at other 3 star types more in town. Average looking exterior James at front desk very helpful , clean and well decorated. Good value for the $$. Will stay here again

• Stayed: May 2014
Marissa H, General Manager at Candlewood Suites South Bend Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

We are all happy to hear that you decided to give Candlewood Suites-South Bend a try and even happier to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is perfectly located a few blocks from the airport and we are indeed off of the main drag which provides a quieter atmosphere for our guests. James is a great addition to our staff. I am definitely lucky to have him a part of the team. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review regarding your stay with Candlewood Suites-South Bend.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed over night from a graduation here on way back home. Very standard hotel with good beds and was clean. Efficient check in as well as helpful staff. The rooms were very typical and reasonable in size.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

I am happy to hear that you found our hotel accommodating. We frequently hear how comfortable our beds are, we also pride ourselves on keeping our beautiful hotel clean. We hope if you return to South Bend, IN, you will also return to Candlewood Suites-South Bend!

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a great place to stay.The staff is very friendly and very helpful.The rooms are great and I felt like I was staying in my own home because it is so clean.This was my third time staying here and I wouldn't stay at another hotel but this one.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

I am happy to hear that you enjoy Candlewood Suites-South Bend. We are always happy to have repeat guests! Candlewood Suites is perfectly designed to help each and every guest feel at home.