“Christmas trip”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #15 of 30 Hotels in South Bend

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kalamazoo
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I had the most awful experience at this hotel I have ever had in my life. When we arrived the desk clerk said she was new. Initially she couldn't find our reservation. When she found it she sent us to a room on the third floor which had not been cleaned so we hauled all of our baggage down to the front desk to obtain a different room. Once again we went to the third floor only to find that the key didn't work. By now we were late for the event that had brought us to South Bend so we left. I came back later and obtained the second room we had been given thereby missing the first hour of a family gathering downtown.

Sunday morning we had TWO housekeeping people seaprately knock on the door at 9 AM which is only 8 am in the nearby Central Time Zone. Checkout time is 11 AM!

The shower was lukewarm at best and the shower head was like a garden hose with your finger over it for pressure. The tap also had no hot water in the morning.

I have stayed at Comfort Suites in Milwaukee with absolutely no problems so this place needs some work. I would certainly recommend staying elsewhere

Room Tip: Go somewhere else like Das Essenhaus in Middlebury, IN
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert O
Barrington, Illinois
Reviewed 1 December 2013

My family and I stayed here after a Notre Dame game and had a great experience. The rooms were huge, had all the modern conveniences, were very nicely decorated, and impeccably clean. The place was full, but you wouldn't know it. We didn't hear a single sound from other rooms or the halls and believe the rooms must have had soundproofing. The beds were very comfortable and the entire family had a great night's sleep. When you walk in, there is a large modern lobby and the staff was very friendly and professional. The complimentary breakfast included made to order omelets, Belgium waffles, all kinds of pastries, cereals and juices, and the entire setup was well attended by a friendly staff that kept it stocked and clean. It was a great value for a Notre Dame game weekend and in the opposite direction from the rest of the traffic leaving the campus making it quick and easy to get to. We will definitely stay here again, but next time will bring our bathing suits to enjoy the pool and hot tub. I would recommend this to anyone travelling for business as well since the large flat screen tv, fast wifi, usb chargers, and 4 additional outlets on the desk were very convenient for all of our devices.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank David C
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hi David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review regarding your stay. We strive to make our guest experience a memorable one. Every home game weekend we do offer the Omelet Bar along with our free continental breakfast.
We are defintley looking forward to having you as one of our next guest in the future. Have a wonderful Holiday!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 November 2013

My family and I always stay at this hotel. The rooms are huge, the place is very clean and the front desk agents are so friendly. Breakfast is good, above others for being complimentary. The manager is always ready to help and go above and beyond, and I travel a lot for work and it's rare to see that. Great hotel, would recommend to anyone visiting South Bend, IN. Plus they have a pool !!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites, but if you are travelling with children, ask them about the suites with the bu...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sheila C C
Hi Sheila,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. It always benefical to hear from our guest, and are happy to hear you enjoy your stay at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thank you and Happy Holidays!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel gives you everything you need while in South Bend. Although in the last several years I have stayed here I don't think I have seen any upgrades to the rooms or the hotel. I did see that they added a nice outdoor sitting area but now the highway seems right at the back door. Overall this hotel is not in a bad location and you really feel at home when you arrive. Breakfast is served and is a little different everyday. The front desk is always willing to go above and beyond to accommodate you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank thetravelingbex
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Eau Claire
Reviewed 4 October 2013

In My last Reveiw of this great hotel I mentioned the wrong University (Purdue,Which was beat by Notre Dame 31-24), When I should have said NOTRE DAME. I Am sorry for this horrible Mistake. My only Excuse is i'm Old. This is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at, And a mistake like this may take away the welcome mat, I beg the " Fighting Irish" for the forgiveness. I thank the hotel staff for setting me straight, I really did enjoy my stay and loved all the staff.

Room Tip: Visit Notra Dame, You will love it!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry M

No worries, we are just glad you enjoyed your stay here in South Bend,IN. And we hope to see you again.

Go Irish!
Springfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Nice, clean rooms. A little noisy but that was the neighbors next door. Lots of eating establishments in the area. Easy access to the Interstate. I'd stay there again. This review has to be 200+ characters so I hope this is enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank 438edp

Every review means so much to us and we appreciate you writing yours. We hope to see you again in the future!