Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aloft South Bend(South Bend)
  • Pool
Residence Inn South Bend(South Bend)
Morris Inn(South Bend)
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsscrambled eggs and sausagestayed herefree breakfastspacious roomoff the highwaycookiesthe breakfast areafootball gamenotre damewould stay here againfront desk stafflobbybendelevatorclerk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We stayed here the beginning of June for one night. We were greeted with a warm, friendly welcome by the desk staff. Check-in was very quick. Our room was a pleasant surprise with it's size and comfortable couch and chairs. The bed was very comfortable too. Everything was very clean. When we left the room to visit ND University we were asked by both cleaning staff and desk staff if the room was okay. The breakfast was typical. The laundry room was very handy just off of the elevator on the second floor. It was spotless but my only small complaint was that there was no chair to sit on while waiting for your laundry so you had to make a few trips back and forth to and from your room. Other than that I thought it this hotel was great and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

We very much appreciate and value your feedback and will share it with our team. Your comment on Trip Advisor is greatly appreciated! It serves as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I hope you enjoyed the beautiful campus it is always fun to tour the grounds at the college.

Kayla Smith
Front Desk Manager
574-291-3100

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Upon checking in and getting to the room, it seemed very pleasant. Bathroom was clean other than a few pieces of tile that were broken and in need of repair. Large spacious room with a microwave and fridge. Unfortunately the rooms are no where near sound proof. Every noise in the adjoining rooms and above and below can be heard. A TV was on in one of the adjoining rooms until about 2:30 A.M., - the room above sounded like they had children who were jumping and playing very early in the morning. Just a very noisy hotel and not peaceful and quiet. I would probably not stay at this property again, mainly because when on the road, I need total peace and QUIET to get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you provided to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I have looked into the issue and taken care of the problem, I hope you will consider this an isolated incident and continue staying with Choice Hotels.

Kayla Smith
Front Desk Manager
574-291-3100

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Located just to the north of the ND campus, it is only a few minute drive in. Easy access to I80-90 and on main street (31) through South Bend. Big suite rooms of the 80's vintage with pretty recent up date. Comfortable beds and clean rooms did great. Nice comp breakfast and super friendly desks staff was appreciated. Not a luxury hotel and does not pretend to be one. I'd come back any time I could get it - probably impossible on a football or busy weekend.

Room Tip: Lucky to get a room on a busy weekend
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Choice Hotel app on phone helps when traveling and deciding to stop last minute, traveling 18 hours for family emergency with a very small dog. Called ahead to check for pet friendly, rep said ok. Recieved call 2 days after stay charging $150 for pet fee, which was immediately charged to credit card. Rep called stating we are NOT pet friendly, we are charging your account, you signed at the time of check in, there is nothing else I can do!! No friendly customer service skills, kept interrupting me when I tried to ask questions, hung up and didn't try to return call. I would never spend $250 on a room if I would have known they were not pet friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your concern regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for you receiving incorrect information from some hotel regarding the pet policy. There are two Comfort Suties in South Bend, and I know some people get them confused. Our hotel however has been pet free since 2008 and hasn't changed. We do have our policies posted online, at our front desk, and we have every guest intital the registration card stating they read where it says we do not accept pets or smoking and a $150 cleaning fee will be charged if violated.

It is our job to keep our policy to every guest that when they check in they are getting a pet & smoke free hotel. So people with allergies aren't affected by either at out hotel.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a hockey tournament at Notre Dame. The staff was friendly and helpful, rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. The pool was big enough for the kids to enjoy but the hot tub wasn't working when we were there. The whirlpool tub in our room was clean and the kids had fun playing in it. The free hot breakfast was pretty good. The Ham was not overly salty and the links weren't bad either. My son had the fresh made Belgium waffles with blueberry topping and he really liked it. The eggs looked like reconstituted freeze dried eggs. but other than that, not bad for free. If we are in the area again, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
ComfortSuitesIN244, Front Office Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hi, thank you for your response on TripAdvisor. It is always benefical to hear from our guest and how their experience was during their stay. I'm glad the kids enjoyed their time at our hotel, and I hope we have another chance on being your host hotel.