“Loved the stay! Worth my pay!”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel South Bend
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
indianapolis
“Loved the stay! Worth my pay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

I was recently in the south bend area, catching up with some old friends from high school, but I didn't have a reservation at any hotel. Suburban took me as a walk-in. I didn't tour the rooms, but when I checked in...OMG! A fully-equipped kitchen?! AWESOME! I had no idea I was able to store my leftovers in the fridge, reheat them in the microwave, AND cook up a good breakfast! I wasn't able to use the pool, but it looked sooo refreshing. I got to work out in the fitness center, and take advantage of the FREE wifi :) not to mention, the location was great, and the staff was even better! If I'm ever in town again, I'd DEFINITElY go back to Suburban Extended Stay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Brooklynn J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Oakville, ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Paid less than $100 Canadian per night to stay here with my 3 teenagers, on a boys weekend to Notre Dame to see a lacrosse game and take in the campus. The room was very basic, but we were just looking for a place to crash after a day of touring the campus and the College Football Hall of Fame, and this fit the ball. Just a 5-6 minute drive from campus, and close to lots of places to eat, we had no issues with our room or the staff. We shared the hotel with many young lacrosse players and their families as their was a big tourney in town, but they were not a nuisance at all. Not having a maid in the room every day just meant we had to ask for fresh towels and some more toiletries, no worries. The beds were a little firm, but we all slept fine, no bed bugs. A great hotel for the $$ and a good location for our needs in South Bend, we would go back.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank tbone16
St. Charles, IL
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I had no reason to fault my reason stay at Suburban Extended Stay in South Bend until the day after I checked out. I was contacted by the South Bend police at my place of work that the TV in my room had been stolen, a police report had been filed, and my credit card had been charged $500 in damages. When I spoke with the General Manager, she stated that she hadn't had time to review the surveillance tapes yet. When she reviewed them, I was exonerated and by card was credited the $500. The point is, why did they charge my card before even checking the video? Corporate told me that each hotel in the Choice Hotels chain is independently owned and operated, so they can't help. In an email to me, the GM told me that she was following policy and that she couldn't contact me, because I had made my reservation via an online agency. She would be happy to comp my next stay. Really? Fat chance I'll stay there again. The stay was fine, but beware that if you have trouble, don't expect support from anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julie B

Travellers are raving about these South Bend hotels

dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I loved this this hotel for the price, it was a great stay. the front desk staff was awesome, as were the rooms. I was able to bring all my little goodies and store them in my own personal fridge. i loved the onsite fitness center, and they even have a little grill area for guest use. if you are ever in town i reccommend this hotel is the little bargain hotel with all the ammenties of a five star hotel

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank itsmeeeeee
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2012

I would avoid this hotel at all costs. While working in south bend for a few weeks, my employer had us stay at this hotel. Needless to say we all ended up getting bed bugs. I had to go to the doctor and get some cream that had to be applied over my whole body and left on over night. Not a pleasant experience, also embarrassing.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Los Angeles
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

This is a nicely located, newer facility a short drive from Notre Dame's campus and a quick walk to Starbucks and other restaurants. The rooms are very clean and nicely fitted with a surprisingly comfortable bed, functional bathroom and kitchen. Bring your own pillows as the ones provided are strange and small. I would also bring along your own shampoo and conditioner as what is provided is a very small bottle of a combination of the two. The front office staff is very kind, helpful and efficient. The only problem with this facility is that the walls are very thin. Lucky for us, our neighbors were quiet, but it could be a problem. I would stay on the top floor to at least minimize the noise from above.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
Bloomington, IL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Hotel was clean enough. Had a salt-water pool. Dishes for two in the room. Wifi did not work well. Didn't get to use it at all. Bed was a little too firm for me but, I have a hard time sleeping in hotels anyway.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family