“Keep driving! To Bob Evans”

American Pancake House
Ranked #44 of 297 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Restaurant is nasty, owner is a Greek that watches his staff on camera while he sits in the kitchen area smoking. Treats his staff like dirt makes them serve his coffee to him with his one pack of Splenda, makes the servers sit for at least 30 off the clock after the scheduled time, takes food from the bus tubs and the Trask and reserves it.

1  Thank Veronicablank
There are newer reviews for American Pancake House

Reviewed 26 November 2013

I met some friends for breakfast, before shopping. I think there was 1 waitress, kind of felt worry for her. It is your typical breakfast joint. I got the pancakes…they were good, just took a long time. They were good and priced right, just wish we would have gotten out of there in a decent amount of time. If I were to go back, I would need to make sure I had nowhere else to be. I hope it was just a bad day.

1  Thank Stjoefoodie
Reviewed 27 August 2013

You will not leave this place hungry! There is usually a wait on football weekends and when events are going on at Saint Mary's and Notre Dame, but this place is great. It should be on Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. The fresh squeezed orange juice is great. Their omelets could feed a family. The service is quick as there are usually people waiting in line. This place only serves breakfast and lunch so get there early.

7  Thank Jfeasel
Reviewed 13 May 2013

I would never set foot in this establishment, dont care if it was the best food you ever had and it was free. The owner Nick Kladis, puts on a good front as a very friendly, all around nice guy when in fact he is sick and twisted. He has been accused of, and recently found guilty by a jury trial of sexual harrasment commited upon a waitress on the job. Also found guilty on a battery charge for angrily grabbing another waitress so hard he left bruises on her arm. Also, guilty on a retaliation charge for firing a waitress who reported sexual harrasment. This is a sick man, he needs help......

7  Thank itwasntme8604
Reviewed 30 April 2013

The owner is such a idiot... He thinks that he has a little harem of girls there... He doesn't realize this is America not the country that he comes from... This is America jerk so start treating your employees like people not the woman in your country.... Respect goes a long way..... Get your own coffee.... I'm done going there... The foods not that great anyways and I can't stand being on video all the time when I'm in there... No matter where I go in there.... Not a very good place to eat... If I could rate this place with negative numbers I would..... Don't waste your time going there

5  Thank Hawserdog2