“Excelent Thai Restaurant in South Bend”

Cambodian Thai Resturant
Ranked #28 of 293 Restaurants in South Bend
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Cambodian
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
“Excelent Thai Restaurant in South Bend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch yesterday at this restaurant. The people was very nice and explained us every question did we had about the dishes. We could see some pictures of the main dishes. The pictures are genuine... they do correspond to the reality. Be careful with the spicy levels. We had level 1 and it was perfect (we use to eat some spicy dishes). I recomend Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken. Delicious!!!

“Good thai but be highly aware of spiciness in your dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This was great thai food.
Ordered fried potstickers, and broccoli and chicken in peanut sauce. Hubby ordered Massaman curry but was ridiculously spicy.
We've been to other thai restaurants in the past that used thai chilis for spice. Cambodian Thai uses habaneros. They do state that in their menu and when my husband ordered his at his usual level 2 spice, he could not eat it.
They did remake it at a level 1 (lowest and a curry still has some habaneros) and it was tolerable. The server told us they would normally charge for both bowls. We didn't have to pay for both but be forewarned.

“Spices Fall Flat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

Based on previous reviews, I was anxious to try Cambodian Thai. One of my chief complaints about cuisines that involve lots of spices is the "dumbing down" of dishes to appeal to a generic palate. I was glad to see that the menu devoted considerable space to describing spicing and making clear that you could order any dish as mild or as spicy as you prefer. My wife and I both ordered curries - her's a red curry at a "5" level of spice and mine a Massaman at a "7" level. Although appropriately flavorful, but dishes were very timid in terms of spice. I would have "ranked" both as a "1" (on the 1-10 scale). Service was cordial, though not particularly inspired. All-in-all, a let down. I will probably try another establishment on my next trip to town.

• Visited November 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Excellent Food! Great service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I love coming here because the food is great! We really like the Pad Se Ew (sp?). The decor is a little lacking but the food makes up for it.

Boulder, Colorado
“My Favorite Thai Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Their restaurant used to be quite small but it's moved to a much bigger area that makes it much easier to get a seat. The food here is excellent but it does take some time to get your food, especially if it's busy (around meal times you can expect it will be). Well worth the wait!!! The prices are great and I highly recommend the drunken noodles - delicious! Keep in mind that Thai hot and American hot are VERY different. Be sure to specify how hot you want your meals! Even for those who don't like spicy foods, there are much more mild items on the menu. Check it out!

• Visited August 2013