“Awesome Place”

Cuisines: Cambodian, Thai
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Most people are of the opinion that Cambodian Thai is the best restaurant in town. It certainly is good food, I'll give you that. I'm not a huge fan of Thai food, so I might not be the best judge. But my wife is Thai and she tells me this place is terrific. They make it as spicy as she likes it. I can feel the warmth oozing off her food... Give this place a try, it's even better since they moved locations.

2  Thank tallgaloot

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor when looking for a good restaurant in South Bend, as my husband and I were passing through on the way to Chicago. It almost looked like a fast-food type of place, but the food...awesome! And it's not a fast food restaurant. Our server, Sonita, was great. She's from Cambodia, as most of the staff are, and was fun to talk to. We had the coconut chicken soup--two small ones--one would have been enough for both of us! They were packed with mushrooms, chicken, cilantro, tomatoes and the broth was soooo delicious. It was quite spicy, which we love. We also shared a pepper and garlic specialty dish with beef. It was lots of thinly sliced beef, broccoli, and mushrooms in a garlicky brown sauce. We ordered it at level 5 for spice and it was perfect. It also came with a bowl of sticky rice. I also had a Thai iced tea, which I love. There was so much food, with just two soups and one entree. I wish I could've take it home, but we were traveling, so we couldn't. And the price is very reasonable. If we're in South Bend again, we'll come back.

1  Thank Sue R
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Seafood combo soup(tom yum) with a bowl of rice! Just amazing! if you like spicy, you come to the right place!

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We had lunch yesterday at this restaurant. The people was very nice and explained us every question did we had about the dishes. We could see some pictures of the main dishes. The pictures are genuine... they do correspond to the reality. Be careful with the spicy levels. We had level 1 and it was perfect (we use to eat some spicy dishes). I recomend Pad Thai and Cashew Chicken. Delicious!!!

Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This was great thai food.
Ordered fried potstickers, and broccoli and chicken in peanut sauce. Hubby ordered Massaman curry but was ridiculously spicy.
We've been to other thai restaurants in the past that used thai chilis for spice. Cambodian Thai uses habaneros. They do state that in their menu and when my husband ordered his at his usual level 2 spice, he could not eat it.
They did remake it at a level 1 (lowest and a curry still has some habaneros) and it was tolerable. The server told us they would normally charge for both bowls. We didn't have to pay for both but be forewarned.