“Very Nice Place to Stay in South Bend”

La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in South Bend

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The bed sheets and blankets aren't washed daily so i caught scabies, probably from a night before that the hookers across the room from us were in. And yes they were really prostitutes because they made offers to the Co workers i was with while we stayed down there got a job. Bottom line, dirty. Unchanged and clean bedding. Parasite & prostitute infested.

• Stayed October 2013
Central, Indiana
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The Hotel was solid on the night my husband and I stayed. Check in was at 3:00 pm and the room was not available. This was an issue as we had a formal dinner to attend just several hours later. When I was able to get into my room it was clean. It did look very nice and the bed was comfortable. Upon waking we noticed issues with the hot water; It lasted all of about two minutes. As I was dressing and preparing to leave, water started pouring out of the air exhaust vent that was positioned almost directing over the toilet. We tried to call and notify the front desk and no one answer the phone. As we left the room water was still dripping from the vent. We decided that it was just better to checked out, this was 8:30am. We did not stay for the continental breakfast, but it didn't look to be anything more then what is typically offered at every other hotel. We reported the issue with the front desk clerks and they made no note of the issue nor did they call anyone while we were standing there. There was definitely a severe lack of management of several levels at this facility! No attempt to offer any compensation for the inconveniences that we suffered were made. Apologies were given and the excuse included, "We are sorry we had a lot of people check out", "I don't knot what happened, it was just crazy yesterday", "I am sorry we do not have a manager available. "To top this whole thing off, there were billing issues. I was told that I would receive an email receipt of my payment when a manager was available to take care or it; needless to say I have received nothing. The rooms are advertised at 69$, but I was charged $123. If you do the math that is $54 worth of taxes and incidentals. Beware when you book a room at this facility. Poor management!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dlynnvi

Travellers are raving about these South Bend hotels

Lebanon, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Tried to check in early (noon) and couldn't - no problem. Came back at 3:00, the normal check in time and the rooms still weren't clean. There were several of us there for an event where we needed to change into dinner outfits and be back by 4:00. One or two of our group of 10 got into rooms and then the rest of us had to change in their rooms because none of the other rooms in the hotel were clean and ready for guests.

Mind you, we all had reservations, the hotel knew we were coming and their check out time was 11:00. We were told there were lots of rooms to clean and only three housekeepers (who were all on a break at that time) - I'm sorry, but that's not MY fault. Before each person could check in, the girl at the front had to physically go to check to see if there was a room clean and available.

After our dinner there were still issues with rooms not being clean - this was 8:30 p.m. and after! Overnight at least one room flooded and there were multiple issues with hot water and water pressure (neither existed).

To top it all off, they tried to charge all 60 of the rooms blocked off for our event to one person, even though we had all checked in separately. We were told that only the manager could correct the problem in the computer and they had called him (at 9:00 a.m.) and he was on his way. When we checked out about 10:30 there was still no manager. We were given temporary receipts and told that they would bill the credit card they had on file at a later time. Do you think any of us trusted they could do that correctly?

They were obviously not prepared for dealing with the large number of people. The girls at the front desk were nice enough but not able to do anything to rectify problems. There was no manager of any kind the entire weekend.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Debbie M
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

Newly remodeled rooms. Clean, spacious, friendly staff. Indoor pool, and exercise room. Surprised us by having a snack for us in the room. Nice surprise after a long day on the road.
Breakfast just a little better than most offered.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We checked in on Friday 8/30/13. There was 2 adults and 2 children, we were in town for the Notre Dame Football game. The hotel staff was friendly and the hotel itself was clean. The only problem was that the next morning there was no hot water for showers. Other then that the hotel was fine and was about 5 miles from the stadium. We would stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Without wheels and I knew this motel was the closest place to the airport so when I called and got the price I did not even call anywhere else to see who might have had a good price and a shuttle. I just grabbed a sandwich at the airport and walked over. I could not see anyplace within walking distance so it would have been delivery.

WOW … see photo’s (all photo’s are from the same room)

WOW

IMO, this room could meet the standards of every motel I have ever stayed at ... right up to the Hyatt, Hilton and Westin.

I make a lot of comments in my reviews about ‘overpriced’ motels for the working person … no complaints here. Their walk-in rate is less than I paid for a ‘6 the night before and there is NO comparison … other than they both met my basic needs of clean, quiet and temp controlled.

Had to leave an hour before breakfast but it looks like a huge spread from the layout.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business