La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend
US$146
Great 4.5/5
US$120
Great 4.5/5
Sleep Inn South Bend(South Bend)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$117
US$67
CandlewoodSuites
Good 3.5/5
All reviewspet policysmall dogwafflessleeper sofaclose to the airportvery nice hotelconvenient locationfront desk clerkclean roomswe've stayedupon checkfresh fruitwould stay againroad tripindoor poolnotre damebend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 April 2014

People come in from the local hood to hand out and enjoy the free coffee. While we were there someone tried to settle a local beef from the streets with an employee. I think I was the only one with luggage everyone else kept coming in and out. I don't think they were only selling hotel rooms.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David G
Maureen G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2014

Good morning,

I am sorry that your stay with us was not up to the standard that it should have been. Our goal is to make your stay awesome and I am sorry that this did not happen. I have been making changes here at the hotel and we are working hard to enusre that all our guests have a wonderful experience while staying with us. I do hope that the next time you are in town again that you will give us another chance to take care of you.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

My GPS had me a little lost but the woman that answered the phone was a great help and guided me to the hotel with ease. I arrived late for business and was tired when I got there. The woman that helped us was very speedy with getting us checked in and was even able to switch around a room for one of the other parties traveling with me. The room I was in was right next to the lobby so there were a few instances of noise, but nothing out of the ordinary or too crazy. It sounded like someone with a luggage cart and they were having trouble navigating it into the doorway. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable! I was surprised, usually hotel beds aren't that great. In the morning there was plenty of food(hard boiled eggs, breads, muffins, cereals, juice, yogurt, waffle bar, water and milk) and room to eat the continental breakfast provided. I checked out with ease and that was that. And come to think of it there was no airport noise(planes, buses etc...) Next time I hope to have time for the pool and fitness room! I'll be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Maureen G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Good afternoon,
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that whenever you are in the area that you choose to stay with us again. Have a wonderful day.

Maureen Gray

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Do not stay here. I flew to south bend in march 2014. Walk to la quinta from airport. I was there on business and booked with bosses credit card. The room was beautiful and the one deskgirl was helpful. However after i returned to FL my boss asked me why there was An additional charge for $250 to the cc. I immediately called them.The girl said it was for "damages" which is impossible i did nothing to the room. I ever gathered all the trash cans and tied them up, and left In middle for house keeper.when i asked what i was being charged "damages" for the girl said it doesn't say. So there is not documentation in her computer. Just charge to my cc. Are you kidding Me. They didn't even call me. So then she tells me manager won't be in till Mon. So i find out tomorrow when she us supposed to call and talk to me. I'm disputing this charge. I read another review thus has happened here before. Be careful.... Will post result

• Stayed: March 2014
Maureen G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Good afternoon,
I am sorry that we had to charge your room the 250.00 smoking fee for smoking in our room. It is our goal to keep our hotel a smoke free enviroment for all guests. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are back in town. If you have any other questions or concerns do not hesitate to call or email me anytime.

Maureen Gray

Reviewed 23 March 2014

very noisy, didn't get any sleep, worst hotel experience ever, staff was nice, rooms were clean, but the noise was ridiculous, was exhausted for a very important day the next day, will never stay here again,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 February 2014

My wife and I really enjoyed the room and the service from the staff. The bad experience we had was being there when a kids hockey team was staying there. The kids were so unruly and noisy and unsupervised. We had to constantly tell them to be quiet and even complained to the front desk, and they said they would take care of the problem. This noise went on past midnight we had to call the front desk again to threaten to call the police if nothing was done. I would stay again, but I will call first to make sure there is no group of kids there first. Otherwise I would give 5 stars instead of 4.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Shawn C, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Thank you for the great review of our property. We strive to provide excellent rooms and a welcoming staff. I hope you will choose La Quinta Inns and Suites the next time you are in town.