“What a wonderful suprise!!”

Staybridge Suites South Bend - University Area
Ranked #9 of 30 Hotels in South Bend
Reviewed 5 June 2013

My family and I stayed At the staybridge hotel in south bend for my cousins wedding. We stayed for a week and had such a wonderful vacation. All of the negative reviews that I read on teipadvisor made me weary about the stay; the rooms smelling like smoke, the rude service ect. I have to say management takes these comments very seriously because there was no smoke evident in the hotel and the service was wonderful. They even accommodated for a early check in and late check out. To our suprise we received free dinner on Tuesday- Thursday and free breakfast every morning. What hotel does that? It's very close to restaurants and grocery stores and Notre dame. Plus the pool and hot tub really were enjoyed by my young kids. All in all I would of loved to stay here for another week.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel was a very pleasant surprise. I’ve stayed in countless Priority Club / Holiday Inn properties over the years, but never before in a Staybridge. Hotel seems brand new (must be – my out of date Garmin couldn’t find it) and is very well maintained. We had a king bedroom with living room. Everything was very clean, and the room was very quiet. It’s one of the rare times I wish I could have stayed longer – my wife and I were only there one night. The breakfast was just fine, and also noticed that there was a ‘movie theater’ in a separate room outside of the lobby. The theater looks cool- had maybe 16 comfortable theater style seats with a big screen and it looked like you could check out movies. We didn’t use it, but I’m guessing would be great if you had a group together for a movie night. Next trip to South Bend, we will definitely stay here! We were quite impressed!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is a beautiful, fresh, well-maintained property. Charming brick accents. Welcoming front desk. Great prices (especially if you use Priceline -- they're the only four-star hotel in the Roseland area on Priceline, so if you bid on a four-star in that region, you'll get this Staybridge!). (Be sure not to bid on a hotel near the airport if you are going to visit Notre Dame.) The rooms were nice, very clean.

The only complaint we had was that breakfast didn't begin early enough for the guests on football Saturdays. If you're smart, you will get over to that campus at the crack of dawn (so you can park for free and very close to campus). Lots of people are smart. There were at least a dozen people lurking around the breakfast area before it opened. The food was already out, covered in plastic. Everyone just wanted to grab a piece of fruit or a bagel before dashing out the door. People were sheepishly helping them to coffee in the breakfast room -- in which the lights had not yet been turned out. At one point, the hostess was fed up with the guests, who were circling like sharks, and exclaimed, "Breakfast hasn't started yet!" The thing is, breakfast should start when the guests need it to start. On football weekends, that's about 6:45 a.m. For goodness sake, the hostess was already there. Just flip on the lights and welcome everyone in already! Then you'll have grateful guests instead of disgruntled ones who left hungry, murmuring amongst themselves at the grumpiness of the hostess (who was only doing her job). The manager could observe this scene (as it happens every football Saturday in the fall) for him or herself. Change those breakfast hours!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank DisneyWorlders
Reviewed 20 March 2013

The Staybridge Suites-Notre Dame has been a host property to 2 retreats for us and the service has been AWESOME! Our group loves the comfort and cleanliness of this property. Breakfast is always good and the theater room and pool area is fun. The rooms are great with the frigs and stovetops. Whenever I travel, I will always stay at a Staybridge because I know that they are well kept properties with fabulous amenities.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Very clean well taken care of hotel. Rooms were very large. The staff was very nice and helpful. We got answers to all our questions. Check in was quick and I was recognized as an elite member. Rooms were quiet. Beds were comfortable.
Breakfast had a good variety, was fresh, and appetizing. They have a waffle maker (important to kids). Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want extra room get a two bedroom suite. Not much more money
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2013

The rooms were very nice. The pictures that I seen online were true to what you actually got. Very spacious. The hotel was very clean and the customer service was top notch. Free wifi was included and worked quite well. I was pleasantly surprised at the free breakfast, which we had each morning. Lots of options and quite delicious really. The movie room, pool, work out center, and laundry facilities were very nice as well. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Whether it's a short stay or extended. Location was also a huge plus. Many restaurants very close and very convenient to Notre Dame University. 10 out of 10. You will not be disappointed, they deliver as promised in everyway!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stay frequently in the South Bend area on business. This was my first stay at this Staybridge Suites (have stayed at others around the country). This hotel easily meets all my expectations of a good hotel. Clean comfortable rooms, very spacious, ample parking, great location, friendly helpful staff, nice workout area.

My only complaints are that there are about four different addresses listed for this hotel. I tried to order a pizza and they couldn't figure out where the hotel was. Even the address given by the front desk was one they didn't recognize at first. Can you believe it?

Next time I stay in the South Bend area, I will look here first for a reservation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business